Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Good morning, 2012!  I had the perfect last day of 2011.  I met Ariana for lunch to catch up and celebrate her birthday.  It was a gorgeous sunny day and we ended up gabbing on the patio for two hours before hitting a few baby and maternity stores (she's having a boy, by the way!)

Michael and I had a low-key night with friends.  Paula and Todd invited us over to their beautiful home for homemade pizza (Todd makes a mean pesto-prosciutto pie) and bubbly -- Jon and his new beau stopped by, too (what a cute couple!).

We all just sat around, told stories, caught up about each other's Christmas plans and ate some really good food (Paula and I had plenty of preggo talk, too).  The boys had beer and vodka sips while Paula and I had water until the midnight toast.  It was the perfect night.

This morning I woke up and decided to visit that scary Excel spreadsheet I created a couple months back with pre-Landry to-do's.  Luckily, I was able to cross off a couple of chores but realized I needed a fitted crib sheet.  After a couple of misses on sites like Land of Nod (love that company), I scrolled through Target's site and was delighted (ok, downright doing the happy dance) that they had the Missoni zigzag sheet I wanted back in October but was sold out.

Needless to say, I ordered it immediately and it should be here by next week.  Woohoo!  Landry will look so cute in her crib when she's wearing the matching Missoni onesie I bought her!

Tomorrow marks 29 weeks, I can't believe I only have a couple months to go.  Paula has scheduled her C-section (because of having twins) for the end of March so the beans will all be just a week or two apart if I'm on schedule.

Thought it would be fun to keep a running preggers Q&A of the most frequent questions I get asked by friends/family.  I'll try to include one each week.  Here it goes...

CRAVINGS: None really.  However, I'm always in the mood for fruit (love bananas especially), salt, and ice cream.  Not together though!

MISS MOST: Lemon drops.  Hands down.

FAVORITE MATERNITY WEAR: Heidi Klum taupe skinny jeans. Wear them at least once a week.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE PREGNANT WHEN:  Courtney was in town for my birthday and we went to dinner at Tillman's.  I was showing, but was still in that weird I have a bump but can kind of still wear my normal clothes phase.  I decided to wear a roomy dress and my pre-pregnancy tights.  After a heavy meal of burgers, fries, ice cream brownie sundaes, etc. the itty bitty waistband became unbearably uncomfortable. So, I asked the waiter for a pair of scissors and proceeded to cut my $100 Ruffian tights (luckily, they were gifted to me by the designers) in the bathroom down the middle seam until I could breathe again. The trick worked and I still wear the tights weekly.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT BEING PREGNANT: Michael not having an excuse to complete his honey-do lists; dreaming about Landry's personality and features; buying her darling doll-size clothes; eating ice cream and not thinking twice about it...

WORST THING: Not being able to sleep on my back; nixing martinis and sushi...

WEEKS: 28 and six days.

WEIGHT GAIN: Dunno, but at least 20 pounds.  Will find out Tuesday at my next appointment.

DUE DATE: March 17th (Nana Pat's birthday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment