Tuesday, January 17, 2012
31 weeks!
A lot has happened since my emergency room visit! This weekend was my Dallas baby shower!
Courtney flew in Friday and we had some girl time before she whipped together the perfect baby shower with the help of her mom, who also flew in the for big day. They created a pink wonderland at my house filled with yummy brunch bites, bubbly (including a non-alcoholic version for my eight pregnant friends at the party), and fun festivities including some pretty clever games.
For one game, Courtney walked around with a roll of toilet paper and told guests to tear off a piece without informing them why. She then measured my belly with the roll and whoever tore off a piece closest to my measurement won. It was no surprise that Morgan won as we spend every single day together.
My friends were overly generous gifting little Landry everything from a French bikini and headband (thanks, Jon!) to a Gucci onesie and Missoni stroller cover. One of my very favorite gifts was a knitted ivory blanket that Michael's grandma (Leona Landry Dayries, the one Landry is named after) made for him when he was a baby. I'm so thankful my sweet mother-in-law passed it down to Landry. I plan to take her home from the hospital in it! The day was truly perfect filled with great food, friends and excitement for the arrival of sweet Landry Grace.
My mom flew in for the party and we spent yesterday purchasing several items from my registry that I did not receive from my showers. I raided Babies "R Us for a couple hours taking home bottles, pacifiers, a playpen, baby food processor, feeding serving ware, breast milk storage bags, diapers (geez, those things are expensive), wipes, baby clothes hangers, and the list goes on... I was so lucky to have so many gift certificates that my $435 bill only cost me $14 after gift cards and a few coupons I'd been saving.
The store and craziness took a major toll on my energy (ok, it completely sucked the life out of me and sent me swooning for a lemon drop) so we went home and I kicked up my feet, poured a small glass of guilty pleasure chardonnay, picked up my new Architectural Digest, and sat outside on my newly vamped patio (it was 73 degrees out!) where I just vegged out for an hour.
When Michael came home we decided to hit Neiman's with my mom to check out the stroller I've been eyeing since nothing at Babies "R Us struck my fancy. I ended up ordering the Bugaboo Chameleon to go with my groovy Missoni cover my friends Tracy and Jackie game me and it is set to arrive by Monday! This stroller is such a silly purchase but I love it so much I finally just had to throw my typical thrifty side to the wind. Afterwards we went to dinner at La Duni to bid my mom farewell (she left today).
So, now all I really need is a monitor (holding out for one about to hit the market via Apple) and car seat. My friend Kim gave me three of her son's old toddler size car seats so I only need the infant one. I'm so thankful for her sweet donation!
These days I'm feeling fantastic. I've had a little indigestion at night here and there, but I have a good amount of energy and no sickness or major pains. I'm not really nervous about anything yet, just really excited for Landry to get here although not quite ready with several items still on my pre-baby to-do list. I'm feeling her move more and more at night. Sometimes, my stomach event jolts while watching TV from her hard kicks!
Tonight I'm going to organize her new loot in the nursery and start washing her newborn to three month clothes. Michael is out of town tonight but when he's back I'm going to have him hang a cute mobile I got from my sister-in-law over the crib. Once that is complete I will post a photo of the nursery. It is so darn cute! Everyone at the shower really loved it.
Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym for the first time in more than a month. Hope I can make it through my workout! Friday is my next doctor's appointment and I'll be sure to fill you in with any fun news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment