Luckily, I was well aware I was going to fall and was able to catch myself for the most part but I did fall forward and had some tummy impact. Ironically, I just read this week in my book that it's really common for women to fall at this stage of pregnancy because of shift of weight, loosened ligaments, the equilibrium being off, etc. The book said that for the most part only a fall that would land me in the ER would be harmful to Landry so I wasn't too concerned for my graceful fall.
A couple hours went by and my doctor's nurse happened to call in regards to an ongoing insurance issue (insurance = big pain in the you-know-what). I told her casually about my spill and she wasn't as laid back about it as me. She wanted me to be safe and check into the labor and delivery ER to have Landry's heart rate checked and make sure I didn't have any contractions even though I didn't feel any pain.
I happened to take the call during a haircut (nothing major, just about three or so inches off for a fresh, clean cut to last me through delivery) while my hair was wet and only half way chopped. P.S. -- Last time I was in his chair I got the jail call; I told Ryan his chair is doomed! So, we agreed that I would go in a few hours later.
I went home and let out the electrician (had two chandeliers hung today!) and meet with a contractor about remodeling the back apartment's bathroom. Then, Michael and I headed to the ER where we found out everything was perfect with Landry after an hour hooked up to heart rate monitors and answering a long list of questions.
Tonight we celebrated the good news with a late Thai dinner and I even indulged in a half glass of Sauvignon Blanc. It's our last night alone for a while as Courtney arrives tomorrow and then my mom and her mom trickle in on Saturday to prep for the shower Sunday and stay through early next week. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment