Morgan and I have been busy fielding client requests, breaking down staging jobs, shopping for a big living room install, and taking meetings (one lasted until 8:45 p.m.). Fun news: We got an email from Southern Living last week to feature two of our projects. Hopefully, the photos and info we submitted will lead to at least one story. They also asked to feature my house in the April issue (they toured it last fall while scouting for Dallas home stories) but I passed for now hoping to get a few more things accomplished before its 15 minutes of fame. But what an honor!
Friday I had a doctor's appointment. Landry's heartbeat is strong. From the location of the noise, my doctor thinks she's still breech (she didn't do a sonogram). In a couple of weeks I see my specialist and will know for sure. I talked to my doctor about my delivery options and she says since Landry's been this way the entire pregnancy she's hesitant to turn her in case there's a real reason she doesn't want to turn (perhaps the shape of my uterus, etc.). So, we decided to let Landry determine how she'll come into the world, not us. Should have final word in four weeks or so...
She's about four pounds by now while I'm hitting numbers I've never seen on the scale before! Luckily, my clothes still fit the same so it makes me think I'm mostly gaining in my belly.
With 25 or so extra pounds on me these days I definitely feel different. I'm feeling great for the most part, but find myself out out breath much easier and with a sore back sometimes late at night or in the morning. My feet are also sore sometimes if I've been walking a lot that day. Sleeping is becoming a little more challenging, but I can't complain as I've heard of many women that can't sleep at all during the third trimester. And, my newest thing is indigestion. I've only had it a few times but have not enjoyed it at all.
I'm starting to feel Landry move a lot when I'm sitting still or at night and less active. I have to say that I really love it because it reassures me that she's active and doing well after such little action in the past few months.
Michael was out of town last weekend for a boy's trip. My Saturday was spent at an event called Big D's Big News Cupcake Wars. I was one of six local journalists asked to participate to compete for $5,000 for our charity of choice (regardless, we would walk home with at least $1,000 for participating). We were then asked to pick a partner and come up with a creative display idea that represents our charity.
I'm stating the short version of the story, but let's just say I got the final instructions ten days before the competition and was left scrambling to figure out a theme and partner while hosting a baby shower and house guests. On top of that, anything we came up with for the display would come out of our pocket, so it made things even more challenging.
The charity I chose was Make-A-Wish, which grants wishes for children facing serious medical conditions. I first worked with the non-profit in college and really love their work. I called them to help me find a partner in case there was a child that would love the experience. I was lucky enough to learn about a little guy name Hayden who loves to cook.
We didn't win (the darn Texas history quiz, which accounted for a third of our score, hit us hard) but our wishing tree themed display was by far the most creative and spirited in the mix. It had a lot of heart, and most importantly, made Hayden's day. I really focused on making the assembly of our display fun for him and watching him work away on it and smile the entire time was worth every second of hard work I put into it's preparation. (I'll post photos as soon as I get them.)
Afterwards, I had dinner with my friend Kim who was one of the judges and she told me that the panel really felt our display was the most creative and beautiful but because one team got the Texas history pre-competition quiz 100 percent right, that it was hard to declare anybody else a winner. Oh, well! Working with Hayden was the best prize of all.
On Sunday I had brunch with Ariana and then met Lindsey and her two-month old little Hadley for a late afternoon latte. After such a crazy Friday prepping for Cupcake Wars and exhausting Saturday doing Cupcake Wars (did I mention I was in three inch platforms so I could reach the tallest branches to hang the wishing leaves?), it was nice to just relax and hang out with friends.
When I got home I spent some time getting Landry's gear and closets in line. I purchased her car seat and fancy iBaby monitor (you can operate and watch her via the iPhone and iPad!) online and finally hung her newly washed clothes on her tiny hangers in her closet. I also washed her sheets and changing pad covers so they're snuggly and fresh when she arrives.

No comments:
Post a Comment