Tuesday, January 31, 2012
33 weeks!
Yesterday marked 33 weeks! It also marked the first day of me feeling really uncomfortable.
My day was normal, I was going and blowing as usual with client jobs and shopping. But after turning in for the night, I woke up around 4 a.m. or so with a steady, achy pain in my lower stomach. It was so bad, that after a couple of hours trying to fall back asleep, I got up and walked around to try to subdue the pain. When that didn't work, I took two Tylenol (my doctor has ok'd me taking it) with a big glass of water.
Luckily, the pain started to fade away and I got a couple of hours of sleep in before today's workload. I started the morning with a coffee with a friend and then met Morgan for a client install. We have a really fun client that's a female liver doctor at Baylor. We've been working on her downstairs for the past four months or so. I've attached some new additions we installed -- including a killer acrylic coffee table and accessories -- in her living room today.
Unfortunately, I've been achy and uncomfortable all day in my lower abdomen. I have a little hunch that Landry is trying to turn for labor. When I feel my stomach, she's definitely in a different area, but I can't quite locate what it is. My lower abdomen is getting much harder to the touch, which makes me think she might be making her way south.
I have a doctor's appointment Friday, but I'm not sure if they will do a sonogram to see her position. If not, my Feb. 10th appointment with my specialist will surely let us know what she's been up to. If it's not her movement that's making me feel so achy, it could be growing pains. My belly is definitely growing rapidly and I wouldn't be surprised if it's just my poor ligaments, etc. stretching trying to keep up with Landry's (and her mommy's!) weight gain.
However, if she hasn't moved and I do indeed have to have a C-section, my sweet grandma sent me a list of all of the relatives on my mom's side with significant happenings in March in case I can line up the due date with a memorable day in the family. It's pretty incredible, I have eight March birthdays on that side and my grandparent's anniversary. Time will tell if we have to go down that path, but if so, it will make it a little easier on me mentally if it has some family meaning.
On another good note, I am not itchy anymore! Thank goodness. That only lasted a day or so so I'm thinking it might have been what I was wearing. Phew! Itchiness and aches would make me one unhappy preggo.
Another happy announcement: I still fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans -- sort of. Yesterday when I was getting dressed I really wanted to wear my high-waisted, wide-legged hippie jeans with a blouse because it was so nice out. I playfully thought I would try on my go-to Joe's jeans and they surprisingly fit! Now, they didn't even begin to zip up but they still fit over my legs, thighs and booty and were good to go with a belly band.
So, I wore them proudly yesterday! I really wanted Michael to take my 33 weeks photo in them but he got home too late and I was already in my comfy clothes so we took one tonight after dinner.
Tomorrow is Morgan's last day of work this week before she jets to Palm Springs for a long weekend. I have some fun things lined up with friends -- a Canton flea market day with Paula; the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art with Ariana -- Thursday and Friday. Saturday, Michael and I have our first baby class (thankfully for him, with Paula and Todd), which goes over all of the new parenting basics from swaddling to CPR.
Will report back details (they should be good, Michael's never so much as changed a diaper) soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment