Friday, December 30, 2011

Back to reality


Michael and I flew back to Dallas late last night (after a pretty cool LAX celeb sighting of musician Jack White).  We laid low yesterday after going to the UT/Berkeley game the night before in San Diego.  Luckily, the Longhorns won!

Today we had an appointment with Dr. Rinehart for a standard 28 week checkup. I'm always excited for these appointments but today I was especially excited for some reason.  The sonogram didn't disappoint!

Landry was just precious opening and closing her cute little eyes.  We got an up close look at her sweet little face and it brought tears to my eyes.  She's so beautiful!  She has really chubby cheeks and a little button nose.  I've read in my baby book that she could have a full head of hair by now.  I'm really curious about her hair because I didn't have any until I was two years old but Michael was a little fur ball (and still is at 37 years old)!

So I had to ask if they could spot any tresses but they said she's a total baldy at the moment.  They said that doesn't mean she can't grow hair between now and the birth though, so time will tell.  But, I'm guessing she is taking more after my hair than Michael's if she doesn't have any yet.

Of course I was most curious about her positioning.  Well, we found out she turned so her head is now on my left side.  But... she's still breech. Her toes are at her head and her booty is facing down.  The doctor says that she has plenty of time to move into the correct position and that we won't worry about a C-section until 36 weeks or so.

All in all, Dr. Rinehart says Landry looks absolutely perfect and is right on track in all departments.  She weighs in at two pounds 14 ounces so she's nearly three pounds!  Speaking of pounds, I think I'm still hovering around the 20 pound mark (which is a miracle after two weeks in California surrounded by sweets and delicious fatty foods).  I will know for sure (we don't own a scale) next week at my regular doctor appointment on Tuesday.

These days I'm feeling really great.  Other than feeling a little large at times and slightly out of breath after walking fast, I still have a lot of energy and am sleeping well.  I'm hoping it lasts because I have a lot on my plate before the bean arrives.  This weekend we plan to do a lot of chores around the house including stenciling Landry's nursery walls and assembling the new outdoor sectional that just arrived.

Speaking of arrivals, the diaper bag has landed in Dallas!  I came home late last night to the box which was oh-so-beautifully wrapped with a huge Chanel bow and faux white camellia. It's already in her nursery along with all of her new presents and books from the shower.  The room is almost complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment