Thursday, February 2, 2012

Flea with friends


Today Paula, her assistant Lauren (a fellow California girl!), and I went to Canton, a rambling indoor/outdoor flea market about an hour east of Dallas.

Paula and I have been several times together; she shops for fabrics, buttons, and the like for her label GAIA and I shop for my house and clients.  And, we go for the grubby food (today's vices of choice were corn dogs, saugage on a stick, and fresh lemonade).

The three of us had a ball chatting it up the whole way there and back and rummaging through treasures and junk at the market.  I didn't come home with a ton of stuff, but I did find some cool, boho-totally-Brittany things including some crocheted vintage hangers (so cute for Landry's room!), a groovy beaded bronze necklace (perfect to accessorize every outfit I own), and a vintage embroidered monogrammed hankie with a big plum "L" for Landry's diaper bag.

Update on my aches: I'm still feeling them.  However, my nurses have re-assured me that this is completely normal and probably either the baby turning or her nudging her way down south for the birth.  Unfortunately, they said the pain could even get worse as she gets bigger and bigger.  Tomorrow I see the doctor and might find out her positioning, which I'm eager to know.

Otherwise, I feel pretty good other than the new overwhelming sense of fullness I feel after an average size meal.  She's starting to take up so much room in my tummy that there's not much left for food.  I just ate a grilled cheese sandwich and cup of soup after the flea and feel like I'm going to explode.  I will have to figure out this new proportions things fast so I'm not so uncomfortable.  It's just so crazy because a week or so ago I could tackle the entire kitchen pantry and still be hungry.

I'm clearly on an uphill learning curve for this whole pregnancy thing.  Of course just as I get the hang of  it my sweet baby girl will be here.  She's worth every ache and pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment