Tuesday, December 27, 2011
28 weeks!
Yesterday I hit 28 weeks, aka the third trimester! I'm thrilled to be in the final stretch.
The past week I've really enjoyed some down time in California with friends and family. Last Tuesday my parents and I spent the day in LA strolling Rodeo Drive, touring Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills, and having dinner at the Beverly Wilshire hotel.
Michael arrived in town Friday night and we spent the following day, Christmas Eve, in Newport Beach having lunch, Balboa bars (a yummy ice cream on a stick drenched in chocolate and rainbow sprinkles) and watching some of the Cowboys game at a local sports bar. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas enjoying loads of food and old stories with my grandparents (that's my sweet Papa hugging the baby bump in the photo above).
Yesterday Michael and I embarked on our babymoon in La Jolla. We drove down the coast and first stopped in Encinitas where we visited with his old college buddies Jeremy and Trish Neil and met their 10-day old daughter Audrey. From there we hopped along the coast stopping in sleepy surfer towns for a coffee here, an ice cream there.
The afternoon ended with a massage at our hotel. I can't get enough of these pre-natal massages! We ended up having dinner at our hotel and ending the night with a drink (martini for Michael, hot chocolate for moi) by the outdoor fireplace and guessing what Landry will look and act like when she arrives. (For the record, I think she will have brown eyes Michael thinks she'll have blue.)
Today we spent the afternoon in La Jolla with lunch at Georges, a recommendation from our friend Paula that used to spend summers here. The food was just as delicious as the ocean views. We cruised the beach afterwards gawking over the surfers, sea lions, dolphins and crazy people swimming the surf and took my 28 week photo. My parents just arrived at the hotel and we're getting ready for dinner and a cozy night by the fire again.
Tomorrow we head down to San Diego for the UT/Berkeley game with the family (Ryan and Bradley arrive tomorrow). Michael is very excited to see some old fraternity brothers and root on his team (he's eating up all of the fans in town decked out in their burnt orange gear).
Go horns!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment