

Monday I hit the 25 week mark. I've been so busy (and tired) I haven't had time to post!
I feel really great these days except for being a tad more sluggish than usual. I'm not sure if my sleepiness is from exhaustion from work and last weekend's flea or the fact I'm just 15 weeks from my due date.
Tuesday one of my best childhood friends, Samantha Mclellan, was in town for a medical conference and we went to dinner. It was great catching up with her and having her in my hometown. She and her husband are starting to think about trying for a baby; I'm just thrilled that we could have little ones so close in age!
On Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment and Landry's heartbeat is strong and well. I also learned that I've gained a few more pounds putting me at almost 20 pounds gained thus far!
I'm starting to feel the little bean move more and more. Still no severe kicks or movements but I'm feeling more activity at night when I'm winding down from the day. Michael keeps trying to feel her but says he can't feel anything yet.
Thursday Landry's crib canopy was installed. It looks absolutely darling. I found some cool tassels that I personally stitched into the flaps for the finishing touch.
When Michael came home I showed it to him and said, "I didn't know our child is African." I said, "Whaaaaaaat?" He replied, "That thing is built for an African princess."
I have to admit, it's very grand and over-the-top. But everything else is gender neutral and things we already owned (except for the crib and huge stuffed giraffe). So I went all out on this thing and it looks so whimsical and fun. It was inspired by one I saw in Elle Decor but I have to admit, I like Landry's more! Can't wait to put the Cobb princess in it!
Yesterday we spent our entire Saturday sprucing up the house. We went to Jackson's nursery and bought several plants to pot outside since several of our perennials died from the '30s temps last week. It was a beautiful day and we spent it raking leaves (the trees are just beautiful here right now), trimming dead foliage, cutting back trees and planting the pots. The yard looks so beautiful but we are both whooped! This six-plus month pregnant booty won't be doing any more yard labor before Landry's arrival.
Yesterday our upstairs patio was completed, too. We had some guys lay Spanish red tile on the balcony and repaint the stucco. It looks so great! I hope to find some furniture before my Dallas baby shower, which is January 15th at the house.
Last night we hosted my former editor and friend Tracy and her husband for dinner. She has been wanting to see the house for months so we finally had her over. It was so nice to catch up with them. They loved the house, too! They paid so many compliments but my favorite was that the house doesn't feel newly remodeled. I love that because we really tried to keep the 80-year old house's integrity during our massive nine month remodel.
I served my famous baked salmon and it was a big hit. Tracy is loving her new job at Neiman Marcus; I couldn't be happier for her.
Today Michael and I are going to go to brunch (our Sunday tradition) and then watch the Cowboys game at Kyle's house. We're planning to bring dinner over to the new family of four and meet their brand new baby girl Hadley.
Tomorrow I'll be six and a half months along!
No comments:
Post a Comment