Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This and that

Hello, California!  I flew home Saturday afternoon to spend some much needed time on my booty and enjoy friends and family.

The festivities kicked off Sunday with my baby shower, which my mom hosted.  To say it was more than I ever imagined is an understatement.  But, I'm getting ahead of myself...

My flight Saturday was perfect until the last 30 minutes are so when we hit some major turbulence pulling into Orange County.  Landry made up for all of the lack of movement last week with the bumps and jumps and was thrashing around inside my tummy (poor thing must have major motion sickness like her mama).  I thought I was going to make it in one piece by landing time but just a few minutes before touching the ground I lost my lunch (Chili's tortilla soup and a California club sandwich, to be exact).

Luckily, I felt like a million bucks afterwards and was able to enjoy time with my dad in the car ride home. When I walked in the door, I was shocked by the Landry wonderland in front of me.  My mom turned our house into a episode of Baby Showers Gone Wild (if there was such a thing).  She literally cleared out the main living and dining rooms and filled them floor-to-ceiling with wedding-calibre floral arrangements, candy bars, formal tablescapes, etc.

She even created a Christmas tree just for the princess topped with darling knitted animal and candy ornaments, which I will take back to Dallas for future holidays at chez Cobb.  The scene truly took my breath away and was absolutely amazing/darling/sweet/gorgeous (the adoring adjectives could go on and on). I am so luck to have such a thoughtful mom and future grandma (or Mimi) to my little girl.

The actual shower was just as lovely filled with my friends and family and delicious Southern-inspired fare made by all of Landry's aunties. The little bean made out like a Rodeo Drive bandit with the cutest blankets, shoes, outfits, books and toys.  She even received a few monogrammed items that she'll wear/use in heavy rotation (love a good monogram!)  My camera adapter cord is in Texas but when Michael comes out Friday I will be sure to upload tons of photos from the perfect day.  Thanks mom!

Speaking of which, I commissioned my friend to create a family monogram for Michael and me to put on some holiday cookie tins we gave out to family and friends in lieu of cards this year.  It turned out so cute that I plan to make other things for our home with it (hand towels, pool towels, etc.) in other colorways.  Thought I'd share since I don't have any other photos to upload at the moment.

Yesterday, which marked 27 weeks!, we spent a good portion of the day helping cleaning up the party since the house is on the market and having regular showings.  Today we are spending the day in LA and then picking up Ryan from the airport.  Friday Michael arrives and then all of the birdies will be in the nest.  Looking forward to Christmas with all of my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment