Today I dragged Michael to help select items for Landry's registry. It's so funny because I didn't love the process for my wedding because A.) We had already acquired much of everything we needed and B.) I felt greedy telling the people I loved and complete strangers (some of Michael's distant relatives and childhood friends) what to buy us.But with Landry I couldn't wait to find her goodies and register for them. Michael and I made a fun day of it starting with a German lunch at Kuby's (I needed fuel first!) and then Baby Bliss in Snider Plaza. I had never been in this baby store before. What a cute shop! We had the nicest sales girl and learned the ins and outs about everything from strollers and high chairs to milking devices (kinda grossed Michael out) because I plan to breast feed.
We learned very quickly that we needed to research some items before committing because features, etc. are so different per product and there are so many to choose from. We did find a high chair we both loved, though, and a cute Baby Bjorn that I can't wait to see strapped on Michael next spring!
From there we hit the mall to test drive the Bugaboo stroller at Neiman's. We're torn between it and a fun bright pink one at Baby Bliss (hence, the heap of research ahead of us). With all of the running around I do it's really important to me that we get something easy to disassemble, but I want something stylish at the same time. We also dropped in Janie & Jack, a cute kids store and scored the little lady tons of gorgeous clothes that were on clearance from a fluke 14-box store shipment. I can't even wait to get her dressed everyday!
Later today we picked up some prints I had framed for the nursery. When I found out I was pregnant, my mom gave me a coloring book from her childhood with dolls from around the world that she had colored when she was about six years old. The minute I found out we were having a girl I took three of my favorites to my framer for a cute alcove in Landry's nursery that leads into her bathroom. I just hung them up and they look so stylish; I love them for their global/boho look but even more because they are a family heirloom. I look forward to telling Landry the story about them one day.
Or, maybe I'll let her Mimi -- the name we coined for my mom -- do the honors.
Oh, forgot to mention that before Michael and I hit the streets, I ran downtown to an outdoor antique fair on Riverfront Blvd. I found several things for our home but my favorite treasure was a pair of teeny tiny leather vintage cowgirl boots for Landry. She will live in them just like her mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment