So, when Friday night rolled around all I wanted to do was kick up my feet. Michael and I watched the final World Series game with our friends Kyle and Lindsey. Unfortunately, the Rangers blew it big time and lost the chance to have a world championship under their belts.
Saturday I did several errands for the nursery including getting a throw monogrammed and registering at Babies R Us. What a crazy place that store is! I had no clue what I was doing but looked for key words (the foreign moniker "Boppy" being one of them) my friends have mentioned and scanned them as I walked dazed and confused through that zoo. I did find a cute car seat though and some baby hangers for her growing closet.
Speaking of, Michael and I worked on her room a bit Saturday. We hung an extra clothes rod in her closet since her clothes are so small to get extra room in our cute-but-cozy 1930's upstairs closets. We also did several house chores this weekend from finally settling on an office built-in design with my wood working guy to fluffing our outdoor cabana for a party we're hosting next Saturday.
Between Landry's early spring arrival and my best friend Courtney coming into town this Thursday, we are very motivated to prepare our home to nest with friends and family come 2012. I actually started a very scary spreadsheet today of all the things we need to complete by March 1st since I know life will dramatically change once she arrives and I'll have much less time for chores and decorating.
Last night I had dinner with my friend Paula. We started at her house because she wanted some advise on her nursery. It looks so cute! Afterwards we went to an old school steakhouse around the corner from her house for dinner and ate like two hungover fraternity boys.
To relax a tad today, I booked another prenatal massage at Exhale. I love my masseuse so much. She whipped me into shape and I instantly felt better after a crazy busy week.
This week will be a short one luckily since Courtney arrives in four days. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment