Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Big Apple


For the past five days, I have been in New York City with my mom and grandma to celebrate her 75th birthday.

My grandma had never been to the city so we made sure to visit all of the major neighborhoods and must-see spots such as The Met, Ground Zero, the Flatiron Building, Broadway, and the Public Library. Since I have lived in NYC for a year, I was able to show her some fun hot spots, too, like Pastis for lunch and Eataly for a rooftop dinner of wine and cheese.

My favorite stops during the week, though, were the times we just plopped down at a local cafe and enjoyed the cozy weather (it was drizzly most of the time we were there) while catching up. I miss my family so much and its the relaxed times together enjoying a hot coffee or glass of champagne I enjoy most.

We did get a little shopping, too, of course. Landry scored big time in the clothing department between Century 21 and The Gap Baby. NYC is clearing out their summery styles so I scooped them up for cheap since Landry will be born in March and have a long way to go until it gets cold in Dallas.

I got back to Dallas late last night and this afternoon hit the mall for some maternity wear while Michael watched the Cowboys game with his best friend Kyle (this is their weekly tradition during football season). I really needed some cute maternity bottoms (jeans, leggings, etc.) b/c my pants are no longer comfy and I can't seem to keep them up with the belly band.

I was surprised to find some stylish options by Heidi Klum at Macy's. While at NorthPark I also discovered Peek, the cutest kids shop! I bought a dozen or so hippie blouses, bloomers, and leggings on sale for Landry.

Tomorrow marks 18 weeks and I am just starting to feel very pregnant. My clothes are getting tight, my feet are swelling by the end of the day and I'm constantly running to the ladie's room. However, with each day I'm getting more and more excited to meet the little bean!


No comments:

Post a Comment