Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary!



I can't believe that a year ago today, Michael and I walked down the aisle.

To celebrate our first anniversary, we booked brunch at The Mansion on Turtle Creek, which is where we got married. It was fun to walk in today and remember that incredibly magical night. The staff was so sweet and brought us a card and dessert tray as a toast.

Afterwards, we had a couple's massage at Exhale Spa. What a treat! I had my first prenatal massage and loved it. My therapist told me I had a lot of tension in my hips (she said this is normal from the stress of carrying extra tummy weight) and should have regular massages during my pregnancy. Luckily Michael was there to hear it! (Full disclaimer: Michael gives me regular massages and is very good at it but I loved the endorsement for a professional one every month ;)

For dinner, we were planning to grill our favorite meal outside that we learned on our honeymoon in Turks and Caicos: grilled jerk pork with veggies. Unfortunately, it was raining so we opted for a cozy meal at home courtesy of Central Market. For dessert, we had our wedding cake from Society Bakery, Italian Cream. It was delicious!

When I ordered it this week (our original didn't make it in the move to our new house last May), they asked if we wanted anything special written on it. I told them to write "Happy 1st Anniversary" in pink in celebration of our little Landry.

It's hard to believe how much has happened in the past year: new companies, new house, new car, travels abroad -- A BABY! I couldn't have imagined it, but wouldn't want it any other way. We are truly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment