Today marks our 17th week! From now on I plan to post a photo of the growing bump each week.
Today also marked the first day I had to take scissors to my clothes to make them fit! I'm still wearing my normal wardrobe (sometimes with the help of a belly band or undone button) but my tights are no longer comfy around my waist. I had to cut the seam a little on my black tights to make them fit.
Luckily, it was well worth it. When I was checking out at a store today the clerk told me I looked really cute -- words worth a million bucks to a preggers girl! (Disclaimer: the outfit in the photo is NOT what I was wearing. Michael took a photo of me in that outfit but you couldn't see the bump so I did a little outfit change to help out). I have found that I love dressing my growing bump. I've always been a fan of loose fitting clothes so it's been fairly simple and a fun fashion challenge to stay cute while comfy.
This afternoon, Michael and I had our first appointment with our regular doctor since my initial eight week appointment when she confirmed I was pregnant. Just a week later post blood test results, we had to go to a specialist to address the toxo. It was great to be in Dr. Hagood's office again. She didn't perform a sonogram but checked Landry's heartbeat, which was really strong.
She said everything looked good and that I was making perfect progress in my weight gain, etc. What a relief to hear good news -- and only good news -- after the last two months!
Tomorrow I leave for New York for a girl's trip with my mom and grandma to celebrate her 75th birthday. This will be Landry's second trip to NYC (the first time I didn't know I was pregnant). This time will be extra special as we will have four generations of our family together!
No comments:
Post a Comment