Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A serious case of nesting

Pantry "before"

Pantry "after." Like my merchandised fruit?

"After" wide shot that shows off my nifty new door organizer for spices and sauces
It's probably very clear by now that I'm in a serious nesting mode.

I opened my pantry this morning for my go-to pregnancy breakfast (toasted high-fiber English muffin topped with peanut butter) and felt like my-life-couldn't-go-on without tackling our messy, unorganized pantry before bedtime.

When we were remodeling the house, I sacrificed a kitchen dining nook for this large, well-lit, walk-in pantry.  And I'm embarrassed to say that since we moved in it has become a prison cell for tools, bbq equipment, random pregnancy cravings and even Landry's loot from a high chair to car seat.

So, today was the day it turned back into a pantry.  After Morgan and I finished up for the day, I hit The Container Store and loaded up on storage, shelving and organizational devices.

When I got home I blasted some music and completely unloaded the pantry in about 20 minutes.  Much to my surprise, it was all in order with my new fancy containers in less than an hour and looks amazing.

I am not an organized freak by any means.  I live for a clean house, but behind my cupboards is far from perfection.  Yet, I had so much fun organizing the pantry down to merchandising our fruits and veggies. My morning treats even have their own basket for easy grab-n-go in the early hours.

When Landry gets here, her stuff will now have plenty of room on the shelves.  I am so relieved to have this task off my plate.

Up next: getting the windows washed, installing window screens, ordering door screens, remodeling the back bathroom (starts Monday, yay!), trimming the trees, repairing two roof leaks, and the list goes on.  It will be interesting to see just how much really gets down before baby!

Quick update:  The Missoni stroller canopy arrived!  I picked it up from Neiman's yesterday so Landry's stroller is officially ready to go.  Michael is going to assemble it this Saturday along with a few other baby things (monitor, high chair, etc.).

Also, I talked to my best friend Courtney today who's officially 17 weeks preggo.  She is finding out the sex next week.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment