I officially made it to 36 weeks (aka nine months in preggo land) on Monday. Woohoo!
Overall, I feel really great. I'm still working full days and attempting to work out once or twice a week but I am definitely slowing down and feeling some minor aches and pains.
I've read that around this time you tend to not eat as much but I'm hungry and often. I'm eating more now than ever and feel like my belly is growing by the day. Dressing the bump is becoming quite the comedy act but I'm still managing to pull together fun looks and not bum around in a muumuu (nighttime at home is a different story, however).
I'm fortunate to not have any indigestion, heart burn, etc. but I am experiencing sciatic nerve pains in my lower back a few times a day. On long client shopping days, like yesterday, I also find myself getting tired and sometimes even winded if stairs or a brisk pace are involved.
I'm sleeping pretty well with the exception of Phoebe snuggling so close that I wake up or am afraid to roll over on her. She's still attached at my hip!
We're still working like crazy on pulling the house together so it's a little paradise once we're holed up with Landry. Last week was a biggie: we finally got the trees trimmed (what a difference that makes!), landscaped a section of the side and front yard, and started the back apartment bathroom's remodel. I've also started pulling together our outdoor cabana in hopes of hanging out there with my mom and Landry on nice days instead of being cooped up in the house.
I'm still in crazy organization mode, too. We've organized our master closet, kitchen pantry and kitchen "party closet" (a funky space under the stairs that's enclosed and hides everything from tools to appliances and linens) and Michael has installed tons of cool contraptions around the house that make life just a little easier (love my new closet hat rack and kitchen pullout drawer for cleaning supplies).
With my mom planning to stay six weeks or so, we've been working out some of the guest room kinks installing a full-length mirror, closet shelf, etc. I thought I found a dresser for the room but it fell through so I'm back on the hunt...
Landry also got a few new additions to the nursery recently including a noisemaker (her daddy still uses one every night), monitor (swapped the Apple one for another brand after finding out it had to be attached to a modem. Really, Apple?), and a plastic tub for bath time.
Last Friday I met with a second pediatrician and I really liked him. He looks like Santa (for real), is super nice, and seemed to share my philosophy on parenting and meds. He said due to Landry's breech positioning, he will peform an ultrasound on her hips around six weeks to make sure everything is okay.
Afterwards the appointment, I raided Wal-Mart for tons of post-baby stuff like granny panties (I've been told these are a must because the waistband avoids any c-section stitches), months worth of toiletries (Michael said we look like we're expecting the apocalypse), an extra changing pad since I won't be able to walk upstairs for a week or two to change Landry's diaper in the nursery, and slippers for cozy days around the house.
With the baby due just a couple weeks from now, I've been filling my days with fun friend time as well. Friday night we had dinner with Paula and Todd at a cool new restaurant in Oak Cliff. Tonight I caught up with my friend Karla over a pedicure and Pei Wei. This weekend I'm looking forward to having lunch with my college girlfriends.
I'm trying to pack in a ton of things before Landry gets here from chores to fun stuff like coffee dates and foot massages. Luckily, my busy schedule makes time fly. Hopefully taking time off and hunkering down at home with my newborn baby will feel a little bit like a vacation. Yeah, right!



No comments:
Post a Comment