Tuesday, February 14, 2012

35 weeks!


Hello, 35 weeks!  Wow, just a few more until Landry gets here.

I've been very busy since my last post.  On Friday Michael and I visited the doctor for our last specialist appointment.  Unfortunately, my regular doctor was out of town but the on-call doctor was lovely, too.

He checked Landry's heartbeat, weight, length, etc. and all looks good.  Mama got a great grade, too.  He said that everything is right on track for her target due date; no signs of early labor after looking at my uterus, placenta, etc.

Unfortunately, Landry is still breech.  He said her positioning is called Frank Breech, which means her arms, legs and head are all bunched together near my ribs and her booty is sitting on my bladder (no wonder I'm always in the ladies' room!).  He said that with her growing size and lack of space in my tummy, she will likely not turn.  Which, of course, means I will probably be headed down the c-section route.

Tomorrow, Michael and I are meeting with my regular doctor to figure out our plan.  If we have to schedule the birth, we will plan to deliver in just four weeks once I hit the 39 week mark to ensure Landry is well-fed and developed.  

We took it pretty easy over the weekend.  Michael had to work a little in the office so I spent time running errands (new iPhone, door screens ordered...) and even pampered myself with a manicure and foot massage.  

Sunday was a big day.  We started with brunch with friends and then interviewed a nanny.  I'm going to take some time off from Farrow & Cobb once Landry arrives but plan to get back to work late spring.  Our housekeeper recommended this woman close to her family and she was really great.  We' plan to offer her the position after a little background research but are very excited to have her help us with Landry (and housekeeping and light dinner prep!).

Sunday I also gave Michael an early Valentine's Day gift: a massage at the house with his favorite masseuse.  Afterwards I made him a fancy French meal and we watched the Grammy's while snow fell outside.  It was the perfect night!

Yesterday I interviewed a pediatrician for the bean.  I'm on the fence if I want to use her and have decided to interview a couple more before committing.  She was really smart and capable, but she was also very high strung and the front lobby was about as attractive as a tire shop.  I just pictured Landry going to a Santa Claus type doctor with a cheerful office that had some cheesy rainbow or some childish mural on the wall.  This place didn't have a single piece of art hanging! I know it's a silly reason, but I just didn't get warm fuzzy vibes.

Tonight Michael brought home some beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day with the sweetest note saying he's excited for our real rose to arrive soon.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.  We had planned to have dinner at home tonight and take it easy but I had a major Mexican food craving.  I can count on one hand the amount of times we've had Mexican food during this pregnancy because I normally get so sad that I can't have a margarita (you try to eat enchiladas without one!).  But tonight I enjoyed every bite of my Chuy's meal even though I had to wash it down with Diet Coke instead.

Some other recent news:  Last week we took Phoebe in for her annual lion's cut.  Translation: a haircut that shaves away her mane from her neck to her paws but leaves her head, feet, and tail furry.  We hate doing this each year but she's so stubborn about getting her hair brushed we don't have a choice by the end of winter.  Ever since she got home, she's been my little shadow.  She even sleeps with us every night curled around my tummy (or on it, if I let her).

At first we thought it was to keep her new, hairless body warm but now we think she's starting to prep for baby, too.  (Michael think she smells some sort of hormone or something.)  She won't leave my side and sleeps so close that I've rolled onto her a couple times in the middle of the night.  Normally, she'd be skittish but now she just stays put if I move or shift.  Last night during my regular 3 a.m. bathroom break I accidentally tossed the duvet over her and she didn't make a peep.  I didn't realize it until I got back into bed (I'm not used to her sleeping with me unless Michael is out of town and even then, she's at my feet) and curled back up with the blanket to find her right by my side ready to snuggle.

Yesterday we built the Bugaboo stroller.  I wanted to build it early to learn the ins and outs of how to work it.  It is so stinking cute.  It's living in the living room right now and am loving my birds eye view of it while working away at the kitchen island.

This week we are finishing up the back apartment bathroom remodel, getting the trees trimmed, finalizing our door screens order, hooking up the baby monitor and organizing the kitchen closet after adoring the pantry's transformation so much.  Getting close to feeling nested and ready for the new birdie!   



No comments:

Post a Comment