Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Let the countdown begin!

Today was major.  Michael and I visited Dr. Hagood for my regular weekly appointment (this is standard as of about 34 weeks).

After she felt my stomach, we decided to schedule the c-section in case Landry does not turn.  She wanted to wait until I was 39 weeks, which is officially as of Monday, March 12th, to deliver.  That day happens to be my great grandma's birthday on my maternal side.

If I had to schedule the birth, this was the day I was hoping for and luckily it all worked out.  Dr. Hagood was wide open that day and agreed that it was the perfect time to deliver Landry Grace if she decides to stay put in her uncomfy breech position.

So, before leaving the office we set up the date with the labor and delivery department.  The first available appointment was at 7:30 a.m., but they told us we had to be there two hours early.  Well, if you know my husband or mother, that hour is simply inhumane so we opted for the 1:30 p.m. slot which puts me in the hospital at 11:30 a.m.  So, they should have plenty of beauty sleep before the big moment, which is just 26 days from today.

I joked with my mom on the phone today that everyone's needs but mine have been considered in this delivery.  Oh well, as long as a healthy little girl is the result, I'll go along for the ride.

Speaking of the bean, I forgot to mention last post that Landry has hair!  Last week during the sonogram the nurse saw white lines which indicates strands of hair.  She said it looks like she has some hair, not a ton so we won't have a total baldy after all.

After our appointment today, Michael and I grabbed a quick bite and then he dropped me off to get my car so I could visit my Papa.  He was flying through Dallas on his way home to California after a week trip visiting his brothers in Florida.  

The timing couldn't have been more perfect as Landry's probable birthday is his mother's big day.  He had a three hour layover at DFW so I picked him up for a snack in the area and to spend some time together.

As soon as I picked him up I told him the big news and he was thrilled.  We went for ice cream sundaes at a nearby diner and I told him all the latest on Landry and he caught me up on his trip.

Growing up, my Papa lived just a few miles down the road from us and was a huge part of my life.  I miss him and the rest of my family so much living in Dallas and am sad that they won't be a part of Landry's everyday life.  That said, when they are around the bean I know she will be so spoiled by their love and support.  And, in the end, she's simply lucky to have such an extended family when so many little ones don't even have grandparents around.

After dropping him back off at the airport, I was thinking that I hope one day Landry and my dad will have as good of a relationship as my Papa and me.  I can't wait for her to meet him and the rest of my grandparents.  What a lucky girl to have all four of her great grandparents alive and ready to scoop her up in their arms and shower her with love.

She's so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment