Monday, February 6, 2012
34 weeks!
Although my 33rd week started with some aches and pains, it ended on a really nice note.
By Wednesday or so, the soreness in my lower abs finally subsided. Morgan left Thursday for a long weekend with her husband in Palm Springs, so I took Thursday and Friday off to enjoy time with friends and get some to-do list items completed.
As you know, I spent Thursday in Canton with Paula. Friday morning I had a quick doctor's appointment for a regular ol' checkup. I went to a different doctor in my practice (they do this in case I go into labor when my doctor isn't on call) and he did the routine stuff: urine sample, weigh-in (I lost a pound!), blood pressure test, etc.
From the feel of my tummy and location of her heartbeat, he thinks Landry is still breech. He said that up to 37 weeks, about half of babies are breech (new news to me!) and there's still time for her to turn. This Friday, I get to see Dr. Rinehart who will perform a sonogram and determine her position for sure. I'm so excited for this appointment to see how much she's grown and get a look at that precious face of hers.
After my doctor appointment I braved Babies "R Us to get a few things for Landry including newborn diapers, a stationery swing contraption (my friends swear by them) and a Boppy for breast feeding. Aftewards, Ariana and I went to lunch at my favorite little urban bistro Oddfellows (love the egg salad and iced latte) and then to the DMA Gaultier fashion exhibit. What a spectacle! That night, Michael and I had a date starting with dinner at Medina, a local Moroccan restaurant, and then tickets to the Mavs basketball game. He had two floor tickets just four rows from the players. Even though they lost, we had so much fun (P.S. Khloe Kardashian was directly across from us on the other side of the court) being that close to all of the action.
Next to Michael at the game was a young married couple with a three month old little girl. We couldn't stop looking at her, she was so cute (thanks to commercial grade ear muffs she didn't cry one peep the entire game. Note to self: get commercial grade ear muffs!). I seems that everywhere we go there is a couple with a baby girl (airplanes, meals, every store we walk in). I think it's training Michael subconsciously that Landry is on her way and life goes on just with a cuter, littler, version of us on our arm -- or hip.
Saturday we had our Babycare 101 class. It started with CPR training that was really helpful and then went into the basics for taking care of a newborn. We were one of about ten couples in the class. I let Michael do all of the hands on training since he is such a newbie at all of this stuff. He did really well other than the dressing/undressing part and swaddling.
During the bathing segment, the instructor had each couple undress the "baby." All she was wearing was a t-shirt but Michael couldn't figure it out. I told him he officially suffocated the baby with the three minute lapse it took to take the shirt over her head and possibly broke her arm trying to maneuver the sleeve (a tiny cap sleeve, fyi) over her little shoulder. His swaddling was even worse (the pro guy next to us didn't help). Luckily, he was really great at everything else so I guess I'll be left to dressing and swaddling.
Sunday we went to brunch and then bought supplies for our back apartment bathroom, which we tore up during our remodel to extract an old fashion bath tub for our master bath in the main house. It's one of several projects we're aiming to complete before the baby gets here.
Last night I had trouble sleeping (not Landry's fault, I just had insomnia for some reason) and dove into my pregnancy book's eight and nine month chapters. It said that "nesting" is very common at this stage; that it's a natural tendency in preparation for the baby's arrival.
I definitely have a huge case of nesting these days checking off big items (guest bedroom chair and dresser, bathroom remodel) to little things like getting the trees trimmed and ordering screens for all of our new windows and doors.
On top of those to-do's, I'm also working on the flea trying to get it in good shape so the month or so before the April show I can enjoy Landry and not worry about show logistics too much. I'm nearly half full for the show so it's shaping up nicely, so far.
Today marks 34 weeks and I'm feeling back to normal with just slightly less energy. I don't have a belly photo because Michael has a work dinner tonight (and tomorrow night) but will add one later in the week. Look for it soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment