| Christmas Eve dinner at the Ritz |
![]() |
| The Ritz entry |
![]() |
| Christmas morning |
![]() |
| Playing with her pink pots and pans from Mimi and Papa |
![]() |
| Christmas princess playing with her new laptop |
![]() |
| Our Christmas card (front) |
![]() |
| (back) |
![]() |
| Christmas peonies and my new LV book from Mimi |
| Feeding the pigeons downtown |
| A custom painting for Barrett's nursery |
| Landry running around my new office and warehouse |
| Holiday feast and birthday party at Casa Cobb |
| Morning time with my girl |
| Holiday potluck at Paula's house |
| Baking pies and arranging flowers with the peanut |
My first Texas Christmas was pretty perfect. We kicked off the festivities last weekend with a dinner party at the house with some of my oldest friends in town (it also happened to be my friend Jackie's 40th birthday so we threw in a birthday party, too).
I stepped out of my regular ol' recipe box and tried a new chicken dish that was delicious. I also made a pecan pie with nuts from East Texas that turned out really good, too. I don't mind being a little adventurous with this crew because they're like family and I can always call in a pizza last minute if need be!
This week I had Landry full time because our nanny has off until the new year. Landry came down with a 24 bug Sunday night which was no fun. I hardly slept Sunday because she was in bed with me and constantly kicking my tummy trying to fall asleep between puke sessions and pj changes. Monday we relaxed in bed with cartoons most of the day except when I had my afternoon doctor's appointment.
We got to hear Barrett's heartbeat and all is well. My tummy is also measuring on track, so all is good on that front. I've officially gained 30 pounds (ok, 31) so I'm definitely going to be bigger than when I had Landry as I was exactly 30 at delivery day. Between my lack of working out and holiday indulgences this is no surprise.
Monday night we hired a sitter to get out of the house for a holiday potluck and gift exchange with my best buddies Paula and Jon. We enjoyed a delicious meal over wine and then several rounds of silly board and music games.
The next morning I took Jon to the airport and then hit the market for some baking supplies. I couldn't believe our local grocer was loaded with fresh pink peonies, my favorite flower. I bought several bushels. The rest of the morning Landry and I made pecan pies and floral arrangements. It was the perfect way to start off Christmas Eve.
Later in the day after lunch, Michael and I tried to take her to see Santa at downtown Neiman Marcus. She saw this particular Santa last year and I think he's the cutest one in town. However, the line was probably 100 people deep and her 21 month attention span would not have lasted so we strolled her through the store to oooh and awe over the festive decorations instead. On the way out to the car there was a little park with waterways and birds so we stopped for her to enjoy. I had a cookie in my purse and we crumbled it up for the pigeons to enjoy. They swarmed her and she thought it was just hilarious!
On the way home we took one of our homemade pies by Cristina's house to wish her and her family a Merry Christmas. While visiting, she gave Landry her Christmas gift: a baby doll and mini stroller. Landry loves this gift so much. I can only hope she doesn't try to strap Barrett inside and zoom him around the kitchen like she does with her dollies!
Christmas Eve night was spent at the Ritz Carlton. We enjoyed an exceptional dinner. Landry was a tad trying wanting to get down from her highchair and run around at times. But the staff was really gracious with her. We decided to enjoy our dessert in the lobby so she could zip around and look at the festive decorations. There were several other little kids in the room and she was a social butterfly mingling with them. She got a second wind and was literally running around from tree to tree in amazement over the lights, little kids and all of the Christmas decorations. Michael and I took turns running after her (at one point an elderly man appropriately coined my belly a speed bump).
On our way home we drove through Highland Park to gawk over all of the gorgeous homes lit up like Christmas trees. The lights are so amazing around here this time of year. We capped off the night with a Skype session with my family back home as they were all together for Christmas Eve dinner.
The next morning was so much fun. Last year Landry didn't really understand Christmas but this year she was excited to open presents and play with the tree's ornaments. The highlight of her morning was the mini kitchen set from Mimi and Papa equipped with tiny pots, pans and foodie items.
Later that day we had lunch with Michael's family at my in-laws' house and opened more presents. Landry had so much fun she didn't nap which made for a super sleepy baby when we got home. After putting her to bed early, Michael and I enjoyed a homemade quiche and holiday flick. It was the perfect ending to a low-key Christmas.
Today my brother Ryan arrived from California for two weeks. He joined us for lunch with our friends Kent and Shannon who are visiting with their two little girls from Australia. Ryan sat next to Landry during lunch and took on mommy duty feeding her and keeping her busy. It was a real treat for me to have my hands semi-free for once during a meal out!
Bradley arrives in a couple hours and we'll have dinner together for the first time in ages with all three siblings.
This weekend I will be 37 weeks pregnant, two weeks away from my delivery date! I'm feeling good, nothing really to complain about. My belly is just getting bigger by the day and things are snugger by the hour. Although I hope Barrett holds out until his due date, I am looking forward to not feeling like a stuffed sausage any longer!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. To all of my family in California, I love you so much and can't wait to see you in early 2014!







No comments:
Post a Comment