Sunday, December 1, 2013

33 weeks: Thanksgiving/lakehouse opening weekend

A light lunch in Canton with Jon

Treasure hunting with uncle Jon in Tyler

Our first family photo at the lake house

Landry loves to give the belly kisses, hugs and pats these days

Christmas 2013 photo shoot pic

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!  Ours was just peachy.  Pat and Jerry invited us over for a delicious turkey lunch.  I took full advantage of being preggo with seconds and some pie!  Landry gobbled up the turkey and grandpa's famous holiday pinto beans.

We kicked back at home the rest of the day where we watched the Cowboys take home a much-needed win.  (Yes, I've become a fan and try to sit through at least a quarter each game.)

Friday we headed East to the lake house for our inaugural weekend.  We invited Bradley and Jon along for the fun.  Friday morning Jon and I drove out early to dig through the Canton flea market, which is just about 30 minutes from the new house.

He scored a fabulous cowhide rug and I took home a vintage metal ice stand -- I've wanted one for years and will use it at the lake for drinks or towel storage on the back porch -- and a really cool woven foot stool.  Both look great at the new digs!

While at Canton we ate our hearts out.  They have the best fair food.  We indulged on the food front this weekend to say the least!

For the remainder of the weekend we chilled at the new house, cooked delicious wintery meals (I made my famous croque monsieur sandwiches last night), watched old movies, shopped the nearby tiny antique towns, and had our share of hot-from-the-oven peanut butter cookies.  It was so relaxing and fun.

After Jon left this morning I decided to attempt a Christmas card photo with Bradley behind the lens (make that iPhone).  I had not prepared AT ALL for this so we just wore what was clean in the suitcase.

I had no curling iron or hair products to speak of (same goes for blush, eye makeup and cute shoes) so I slipped on a beanie, which Landry kept pulling off my head.  Nonetheless, we got some shots that will work just fine given the fact I have no time for a professional pic.  Plus, I love that they are at the new house and a realistic snapshot of the Cobb crew (although I so wish our clothes coordinated and my hair was styled).

Landry is really starting to blossom these days.  She's talking more each and every day.  Her new favorite phrase -- she's a little obsessed -- is "uh oh." On long car rides, she has also started saying "hi" every couple of minutes from the back seat just to make sure you know she's there or so you start a conversation with her.

She loves to sit on the boys' shoulders, too.  Yesterday while treasure hunting she was getting tired and cranky but if Jon put her on his shoulders (Michael and Bradley stayed behind to fish), she was a happy girl.  She did so well at the new house.  She didn't want to nap during the day but she slept through the night and adjusted to the new surroundings perfectly.

She's eating more and more adult foods.  She has found a love for olives and patty melts.  She has also turned her nose to a nightly bottle.

In other news, she's also started notifying us when she's going to the bathroom.  I'm hoping that means potty training is just around the corner.  I'd love to only have one baby in diapers!

Speaking of Barrett, he's moving like crazy in my belly these days.  The past weekend was my most relaxed in months.  I think the slower pace let me feel him a lot more than usual.  Instead of little kicks or punches I'm feeling big shifts in movement now.  It's such a strange sensation but I love the little reminders that he's in there as I can forget I'm pregnant half the time keeping up with work or busy-body Landry.

Today marks 33 weeks pregnant.  Just six or so left until our little man is here.  I'm soaking up every second I have with Landry as I know I'm going to be so busy with Barrett once he arrives.  Although I can't wait for our family to expand, I am trying to cherish every moment as three.






No comments:

Post a Comment