![]() |
| Activity #301 during the icepocalypse: Pretending it's summer with "indoor pool time" |
![]() |
| Activity #302: cookies and fish watching at Whole Foods |
![]() |
| After daddy took her outside for a few minutes of fun, she was not happy to be back inside trying every which way to open the door. |
![]() |
| She fell in love with Barney this weekend (that's her new favorite kitty friend Pumpkin, btw). I know the opening song by heart now. |
![]() |
| Free at last! Daddy is clearing a path to the car so we can have brunch (and mommy doesn't slip and fall). |
![]() |
| Our sad, frozen fountain. We'll see how much of our new landscaping we lost in a few days time... |
![]() |
| How cute is this heart shirtdress? Gotta love Old Navy Baby. We sure had fun playing dress up this weekend. |
In five weeks or less, our little cub will be here!
Today I'm officially 34 weeks pregnant and I feel every bit of it. I'm officially at that stage when each day I feel a little bigger, a little slower and a whole lot less cute (blame the weight gain and fact that cozy sweat pants are all I'm craving past 5 p.m.).
Luckily my back pain isn't bad at all these days. But, I have had numbness in my hands and arms for the past ten days or so. Sometimes it's so tingly at night that I wake up and can't go back to bed. It's similar to the feeling of a limb falling asleep but not as severe.
My fingers, wrists and feet are also swollen. Luckily it's not very noticeable but I can tell because my shoes are snug and my wedding ring hardly fits. My watch is simply a thing of the past.
Otherwise, I'm feeling really good. I'm sleeping well (other than the numbness thing at times) and have pretty normal energy levels. Barrett is still moving like crazy, especially at night. His movements are so strong they take my breath away sometimes! For all of the pitfalls of pregnancy, there are perks like my super-thick hair and plumper lips. Not sure if some of weight gain has gone to my pout, or it's just another area swelling these days...
This week was a big one for Cobb Interiors. I finally set up shop from hiring a personal assistant to signing the lease on a new office space. For years I've officed out of our home and back house. But with the second baby, I had to get a space away from the babies. I opted for an office/warehouse less than five miles from our house. I'm sharing it with my best friend Paula so work will be more fun than ever!
At times work life is very overwhelming. My book of business has exploded and it's hard to keep up with so many clients. But, I have decided to go full throttle and see where it takes me. I simply can't say no to any of my clients right now and am just chiseling away at the workload every day. It can be exhausting at times, but it's so rewarding and fun in the end that I really want to take a stab at this and see where my business takes me.
The flea is also doing great. I'm about to secure a new, much-larger space for April and really blow up that biz, too. Between the new baby and growing businesses, things are a bit crazy right now but nothing I can complain about. We are so blessed.
This weekend's weather, however, is another story. Icepocalypse Dallas arrived with a vengeance Friday turning our weekend into a staycation at Casa Cobb. Luckily, I had prepared with a major grocery trip Thursday so we were well-fed (being married to a hungry preggo has it's perks). Since I had so much to do around the house, it actually was kind of nice being holed up at home for three days.
Friday was the worst as we lost power at 3 a.m. Luckily it came back on around noon but those nine or so hours were interesting to say the least. Michael swooped Landry out of bed immediately when the heater shut off fearing she would freeze (he's far more dramatic than me when it comes to parenting). The three of us cuddled in bed, which was so cozy. Landry couldn't stop giggling at first thinking it was all fun and games. Luckily she conked out an hour or so later and we actually slept in the next morning.
Our gas stove worked with the strike of a match, so breakfast was no problem and even a bit romantic thanks to the dozen of candles I had burning (see, my candle addiction has it's perks Michael!). By 10 a.m. I was over the mood lighting and itching for a shower. Thankfully we were back up and running by lunch as some of my friends still don't have power today!
Friday was the worst as we lost power at 3 a.m. Luckily it came back on around noon but those nine or so hours were interesting to say the least. Michael swooped Landry out of bed immediately when the heater shut off fearing she would freeze (he's far more dramatic than me when it comes to parenting). The three of us cuddled in bed, which was so cozy. Landry couldn't stop giggling at first thinking it was all fun and games. Luckily she conked out an hour or so later and we actually slept in the next morning.
Our gas stove worked with the strike of a match, so breakfast was no problem and even a bit romantic thanks to the dozen of candles I had burning (see, my candle addiction has it's perks Michael!). By 10 a.m. I was over the mood lighting and itching for a shower. Thankfully we were back up and running by lunch as some of my friends still don't have power today!
Saturday morning we decorated our first Christmas tree. Landry had a total ball playing with the ornaments. It was a really lovely little family activity and so festive with our snow-covered front yard in the backdrop. I have to say, I even got a little teary thinking about our last few weeks as a family of three. Darn Jewel had me all emotional with her new sappy holiday album playing in the background!
I also addressed and stamped all 80 Christmas cards. That task wasn't nearly as fun but I'm so glad I got it out of the way! Just fyi, y'all: This isn't our cutest card. But it's from the heart and a very true portrait of our lives these days. Expect them in the mail this week! (I'll post a pic next week after you receive them so it's a surprise.)
Although I liked being stuck at home this weekend watching movies and tackling decorating projects (I'm not sure if I've every spent 48 hours straight at home, ever), Landry was stir crazy by day two. To help matters, Michael took her outside one day for a few minutes to play in the snow. Another day I slid the car -- quite literally, at times -- into Whole Foods just a 1/8 mile down the road to let her have a cookie and watch the aquarium. This morning we finally had our first meal out in days, which was a welcomed break from the grilled cheese and soup routine.
Landry is more fun each day right now. I think a huge reason is that we can communicate with each other. Although she can hardly say much, I understand what she wants for the most part. She has also become the biggest love bug. She's constantly offering up hugs and kisses and will snuggle with you until your arm goes numb (doesn't take much for me these days).
Her hair is getting so long, too. I can totally pull it back in a pony tail and her bangs are so long I often pull them back in a bow to keep them out of her eyes until we're past this awkward hair growing out stage. I refuse to cut her hair at this point. I'm thinking sometime after she turns two, but we'll see...









No comments:
Post a Comment