Sunday, December 15, 2013

35 weeks

Helping mommy put the final ornaments on the tree


Turning her new ball into a baby bump 


Pooped post lunch on Saturday

Playing in a sea of clothes we packed up for a friend expecting a girl 


Scooping up foam from her fake latte


A sliver of deliciousness from our impromptu dinner party this weekend


This baby train is just chugging right along.  Today marks 35 weeks!

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and all is well with sweet Barrett.  He's measuring on track and his heartbeat was strong.  I'm now visiting my doctor weekly and have another appointment tomorrow.  Hopefully they will do a more in-depth session and give me some idea on his anticipated arrival and actual size.

I'm feeling really good other than the fact my fingers and feet are swollen and still tingly at night.  My engagement ring leaves a big mark now so I'm just putting it aside until the little guy gets here.

This week I started to get in the nursery zone and purchased several things for Barrett's room.  I bought a cute rope chandelier and had it installed Monday.  I found an artist online to paint a gorgeous Indian headdress for above his crib and it arrived this week.  It's at the framer and should be ready any day.  A while ago I found an old ladder with leather ties on the rings and plan to hang it near his rocker laced with pretty baby blankets I found online this week.  His bedding is washed and on the crib.  His rug is unrolled and ready.  The draperies are on order and should be here at any moment.  We're getting there a little day by day!

His wardrobe is also making progress.  I bought him several pieces online two weeks ago and their all washed and folded in his drawers.  I have to say, shopping for a boy isn't nearly as fun for a girl -- simply because the options are far less -- but he is going to be one stylish little lad.  I have enough beanies and knit caps to fill an entire drawer!  The perks of a winter baby boy!

This week was trying because our nanny was out sick with bronchitis.  I was able to move around my schedule a bit, but juggling a baby, clients and appointments (forget about any Christmas shopping) was comical.

By the weekend, I was ready to relax and enjoy family and friends.  Friday night we had Bradley over for his favorite home cooked meal from my small rotation of dishes.  We lured him here to help Michael build a mini kitchen my mom and dad gave Landry for Christmas before he takes off for California next week.

Saturday we ran a few errands and took Landry to her favorite cheeseburger joint.  She loves hamburger patties and french fries and was in heaven watching the little kids at other tables.  She gets such a kick watching other kiddos and just waves at them and tries to talk to them the entire meal.  She's a very social little butterfly.

That night, we had a last minute dinner at the house since our sitters were both sick.  We had over our friends Jaclyn and Jeff, who recently got engaged.  We had a ball eating Thai takeout, sipping champagne, and enjoying a cozy fire with a tray full of sweets.  While the kiddos are small, I think we will entertain more than ever because you don't have to worry about a sitter and don't have to keep an eye on your watch.

Today we took Landry to our go-to Sunday brunch spot.  I ordered a latte and she clearly wanted one too.  I got a mug from the waitress and scooped my thick layer of foam into her cup.  She gobbled it down with a spoon and proceeded to pretend to drink her big girl drink throughout the meal.

She is so stinkin' cute these days.  I have so much fun hanging out with her because she's so animated and sweet as can be.  She just wants to give hugs, kisses and cuddle time.  When she's active, she wants to play puzzles, help out (dishes and yard work are favorites), read books, or play dress up.  She loves to get in my shoe closet and pull down as many pairs as she can grab.  This weekend I packed a huge box of clothes for a friend expecting a girl iand Landry loved helping me put them in the box and rolling around in them.

She's getting smarter and smarter by the day.  It astonishes me how quickly she's learning right now.  She hears Michael's voice down the hall and will say "daddy."  Or I'll tell her to do something and she'll follow my instructions perfectly.

She's becoming a real daddy's girl.  In the mornings I always get up first and pull her from her crib and feed her breakfast.  As soon as she's through and down from her highchair she hightails it to the master bedroom door and says "daddy, daddy" so she can snuggle next to him or cuddle and watch cartoons.

I think she's getting so attached because Michael is so much fun with her.  He throws her in the air, zips her around the house like an airplane, makes mundane things like teeth brushing a game, and has regular "dance parties" with her.  She thinks he's so much fun.  It melts my heart.  I'm so lucky to have a husband that's such an incredible daddy.  It makes me so relieved to have such a helpful partner with another bambino on the way!

Just four more weeks or less.  It's going to be here so fast!

This weekend I started to get a little sad about not being in California for the holidays.  It's not only the fact that I'm missing Christmas with my family, but it's also one of the longest periods I've ever been away.  We won't be able to get out there until March at the earliest with the new baby.  I love living in Texas but definitely need my California fix every few months.  I will be so thrilled for March and will definitely try to stretch my visit as long as possible depending on clients and Landry's school.

Luckily I will have family surrounding me for much of January between Ryan's New Years visit on his way back to Buenos Aries and my parents being here for the baby's delivery.  Since this is my first Texas Christmas I decided to create some new traditions for the Cobb crew.

I booked our Christmas Eve dinner at the Ritz Carlton for a festive night out.  Landry will love the lights and I will love the fact I don't have to cook!  Christmas day we have dinner with Michael's family which will be really lovely.  That evening we're going to have some friends over for night caps and dessert.  It won't be the same as being home, but it will be wonderful in its own special way.










No comments:

Post a Comment