Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

DIY dreamcatcher mobile made by moi!

Crawling on the dock with Uncle Ryan


Mesmerized by the iPhone

Trying to stay up for the ball drop

Playing in Uncle Ryan's shoes

Lakehouse entry moment

Lakehouse powder bath complete with a custom industrial
metal cart wash stand and Mason jar sconces

A little catchall area off of the garage.  That Bentwood chair
is made from woven tangerine leather, it's so cool!

Lakehouse kitchen/dining area

Playing in the backyards' leaves New Years Day 

Lakehouse kitchen snapshot

Custom barn door -- with a fun oar handle --
in the master bathroom upstairs

Lakehouse master bedroom
Happy New Year, y'all!

We had a great finish to 2013 with an overnight at the lakehouse.  Ryan joined us and we had a fun and relaxing time fishing off the dock, running through the leaves, building a cozy fire, and indulging on pizza and peanut butter cookies over football and the ball drop.

Before heading out East, I spent some of this week finishing up the nursery.  It's almost there -- I'll post photos this weekend once it's complete.  One project I finally tackled was creating a custom mobile for above his crib.  I had bought a dreamcatcher a while back at The Dallas Flea and used it to craft a fun Native American inspired mobile complete with leather straps, feathers, and shell bits.

For the past week, we've been enjoying quality time with Ryan.  He's also enjoying his one on one time with Landry as he never really gets to see her, and, after this trip, won't see her for a year.

2013 was quite a year between some fabulous travel (Harbour Island being my favorite!) and finding out we're pregnant to completing the Jones job and watching Landry transform from a chill baby to a very busy toddler.

I couldn't think of a better way to kick off the new year than with a new addition to our little family -- less than two weeks to go!  I'm looking forward to seeing how this year unfolds and to enjoying the ride along the way -- especially the little things (like playing in the leaves with Landry this morning).  Cheers to a happy 2014 filled with love, laughter, success and lots of lemon drops!

xoxoxoxoxo

P.S. I posted a few photos of the lakehouse.  I've been bad about shooting the place as I'm normally kicking up my feet relaxing, but here are a couple of shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment