Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hello, eight months!

Trying to capture a photo for Mimi and Papa.
It's nearly impossible for her to sit still these days.

She's so sassy sometimes...

Grabbing lunch with Uncle Bradley last weekend

Gobbling up a cookie after our trip to the grocery store


I sure hope we pass this tongue wagging stage soon...

Breakfast with her new pink ball



Thanks for the cute knit hat, Nana!
Tomorrow marks 32 weeks preggo!  Ready or not, Barrett Steven will be here in seven weeks or less.

Since my last post I've pretty much tied the Jones job up in a bow with the exception of a few things they want to add now that they've lived in the space.  The week after my birthday I flew up one last time to help pull together the opening party, which they tell me was a huge success and tons of fun.

That week I also fit in some fun time from a belated birthday lunch with Paula (our birthdays are two days apart) to a dinner date with a friend visiting from NYC.  Michael was on a boys trip last weekend so Landry and I had three days of park play dates, cartoons, and cooking in the kitchen.  One day my in-laws took her for a few hours and I tore up Buy Buy Baby to finally get a start on Barrett's nursery.

I haven't made a ton of progress but I at least have newborn diapers, a crib, changing pad and rocker (I had Bradley move Landry's hand-me-down into Barrett's room).  I plan to pull the room together over the next couple of weeks when I can find the time and energy.

Last week I met with two new potential clients, that both offered me the job.  One is in Rockport (a cute little coastal Texas town) and one is in Lakewood, which is about 15 minutes from our house.  I'm so happy to have a job in my backyard again!  So, maternity leave with be interesting come January... but, I'm so thankful to have the business and both of these clients have killer taste and homes to work with.  I am so blessed!

I met with my friend/branding designer Jaclyn this week to finalize Cobb Interiors' logo and business cards.  They turned out really stylish. It's such a relief to finally have this looming project off my plate.  Now all I need to figure out is an office outside the home.  Paula and I are trying to get one together and have a couple of meetings lined up next week. Fingers crossed something works out soon!

All joking aside on the maternity leave front, I will take four solid weeks to be with the baby full time.  After that I will assess how I feel and how he's doing and slowly ease back into work accordingly.  With Landry, I was really in the zone post-delivery and loved being home and unplugged from work.  We'll see if it's the same this time around or if I crave a little professional stimulation or time away from the crazy Cobb casa!

Luckily, I found out last week that Landry was able to get into mother's day out on Fridays starting in December.  So, she will be in "school" three days a week so Cristina and I can focus on the baby and housework.  Landry loves school so she will be thrilled with the addition of a day.

In between new client meetings and mommy duties last week, I was able to hit the lake house for a solid day of installing furniture with a small team of workers.  We got a ton done but still have a ways to go before it's truly settled.  Michael and I are going back out tomorrow for another full day of work to pull it together for Thanksgiving weekend when we go out with Landry, Bradley and my best friend Jon.  I can't wait for our first weekend out there and to spend quality time with my loves.

On the pregnancy front, I feel really good.  The couple of days I've been on my feet 12-plus hours I've had some aches and pains but other than that I can't complain at all.  I had a doctor's appointment last week and am measuring on track, heard the heartbeat and of course gained another couple of pounds.  Strangely, I'm craving Coke like mad.  I've never been a big soda drinker let alone full-sugar Coke but it's my favorite indulgence these days.

Landry is turning into a little lady more and more each day.  This week she fell in love with sports balls.  I took her to Target Friday during our mommy-daughter day and she picked out a pink bouncy ball that she carries around like a little pet.  This morning she even kept it on her tray while eating breakfast!  Her vocabulary is expanding daily ("ball" and "bow" are new favorites) and she's even putting together words like "let's go" and "bye bye dada."

Tonight Michael and I had a laid back date night at our favorite Asian restaurant.  I feel like we're ships passing in the night these days so it was great to catch up over California rolls (can't wait to eat the raw stuff again soon!).  Looking forward to some time on the road together tomorrow and putting some TLC into our little barn in the woods!






No comments:

Post a Comment