Happy Thanksgiving! Michael and I had a wonderful weekend in Dallas with family and friends.
On Thursday we went to his parents' house for a lovely turkey lunch. My mother-in-law Pat prepared a really nice spread including my favorite rolls from Bubba's! To honor my family and California Thanksgiving, I made my grandma's signature pecan pie (made with pecans near Michael's East Texas lake house) and cranberry sauce. Having never made them before, I have to say that they turned out great.
Afterwards, we went to our friend Ryan's house for a misfit Thanksgiving and then home to watch a movie with some left over dessert.
On Friday Michael and I spent the day working around the house. We are diligently trying to get things done on our long term to-do list pre-Landry. We bought some pretty terracotta tiles for one of our upstairs patios and some hardy winter plants to pot outside. For dinner we went to Steel where they treated us to the most generous tasting menu courtesy of the publicist to thank me for a DailyCandy story. The meal was delicious! It was hard not eating their amazing sushi selection (darn raw fish pregnancy rule) but I indulged in kobe beef served on a hot rock, sea bass, California rolls, and loads of other Asian yumminess.
Afterwards, we decided to enjoy the gorgeous 70 degree weather and had a drink on the patio at the Mansion. From time to time I have a little champagne (my doctor has given me the thumbs up) and did so last night next to the fire at the hotel. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful night. We toasted several things we're thankful for including our friends Kyle and Lindsey's healthy baby girl, which they named Hadley, born Wednesday. We're hoping to meet her very soon!
Tonight we had Ariana's Persian wedding ceremony. What a treat! We were the only non-family invited to the extremely intimate event held at her house. She looked absolutely beautiful. The ceremony was conducted in Arabic so I didn't understand anything they were saying but it was so gorgeous. I got to rub two big chunks of sugar together over the couple's head for good luck!
Afterwards we gorged on a traditional Persian feast prepared by all of her family members filled with fillet, rice, veggie salad, chicken kabobs, etc. Her mom made this custom loose leaf tea that I couldn't get enough of. The night was filled with Iranian music, funny stories, and food, food, and more food. It was so much fun and an honor to be a part of.
We have so much to be thankful for this year: friends, family, our health, home, jobs, and the list goes on and on. But most of all we are so blessed to have Landry in our lives. Can't wait for next Thanksgiving when she'll be here with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment