Monday, November 7, 2011

21 weeks!



Sorry for the lag in posts lately. Last week I was sidelined by a pesky cold. Luckily, I kicked most of it by the end of the week when my best friend Courtney arrived in town.

She and her husband visited us for SMU's homecoming weekend. We had so much fun! We visited several of our college standbys -- Bubba's (best chicken and homemade rolls), Wild About Harry's, La Duni, SMU Bookstore, etc. -- as well as some new places that have popped up since she left six years ago.

Courtney showered Landry with gifts, too. She gave her the most beautiful baby sling by Serena & Lily. Funnily enough, I had just drooled over this piece while in NYC with my mom and grandma. I cannot wait to use it (and see Michael sporting it) next spring!

Saturday we went tailgating at SMU and saw several old faces. I was so excited that I still fit in my SMU embroidered jeans that I got when I first found out I was pregnant. They were a big hit on the boulevard! So was my bump. I ran into some old friends that didn't know the news. I was particularly showing that day due to my Chanel fanny pack that I know have to belt above the bump to fit!

Afterwards we had box seats at the game, which we won. That night Michael and I hosted our first official party at the house with about 20 college friends. We've had several dinner parties at the house but this was our first big fete. I served Tex Mex for Courtney since it's her fave and she doesn't get it much in Louisville, where she now lives.

Last week I started to feel Landry move. I haven't felt a kick yet, but some days I feel her shifting around. It's such a strange feeling! Courtney's husband Robert is a OBGYN and said that by the looks of my sonogram, Landry is sitting far back in my stomach (I forget his technical language for this). He said because of her positioning that I might not feel her entirely for a little longer than some due to my stomach lining, muscles, etc. in front of her.

Today marks 21 weeks. I'm feeling really good other than the new gotta-get-to-a-ladies-room-or-else urgency that's just started in the past couple weeks. Since I was under the weather last week, today was my first day back in the gym for a while and it felt great to get my booty in gear again. I ran into one of my best friends Jon who couldn't believe my belly since the last time he saw me.

I'm looking forward to spending Friday night dinner with him and some friends to celebrate my 29th birthday, which is tomorrow. I started the celebration off tonight with a wonderful pedicure after Morgan and I installed a client's entryway. No big plans this year. Saving that for next year's big 3-0!






No comments:

Post a Comment