Friday, November 18, 2011

Ladies who lunch



Today Landry had her first Middle Eastern meal. I had lunch with my former editor Tracy Hayes for a going away party in her honor as she leaves The Dallas Morning News for a post at Neiman Marcus.

About 20 of her current and former colleagues got together to toast her farewell. It was great to see so many old faces and a some of the people helped cultivate my writing career. Most of my friends at the lunch hadn't seen me since I've been pregnant and were over the moon to find out all about Landry and rub my belly.

In other news, Michael is on a boys trip with some of his buddies this weekend. I'm taking the alone time to whip our house into shape. Excited to get some real progress done upstairs in my office and the nursery. Stay tuned for photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment