Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday roundup


Yesterday was my 29th birthday.

Morgan arrived at the office (we work from my house when we're not on a job) with my absolute favorite iced latte in the world from Corner Market. For those of you not in Dallas that's a good 20 minute drive out of her way!

Later she surprised me with a meal at Cafe R+D, one of my favorite spots. We had a lovely lunch and just when I thought we were leaving our waiter brought out two strawberry cupcakes from my favorite place, Society Bakery! I am so lucky to have such an amazing business partner, I love her so much!

Throughout the day little goodies arrived at the house including a dozen Sprinkle Cupcakes from my friend Joanne, who I just found out is also expecting a little bean. But the best present of all yesterday was a call from my friend Ariana. She's pregnant, too! I swear something is in the water!

Ari has wanted a baby for many months so this was such good news, not to mention that our babies will be just a few months apart (she's due July 10th). Tomorrow we're wedding dress shopping for her (she went a little out of order ;) and then to dinner to celebrate my bday and her big news.

Before dinner last night, I got a birthday blowout at Drybar, this cute salon just down the street from the house. My hair looked fab for the delicious steak dinner Michael took me to. We gorged on steak, lobster mac 'n cheese, bacon-wrapped scallops -- you name it! I even had a little rose champagne to toast the big day. Boy, I can't wait to have big girl drinks (and pours) again!

No comments:

Post a Comment