 |
| Ready to hop in! |
 |
| The new flea billboard downtown |
 |
| Homemade pizza night |
 |
| Play date cake pop with Elle |
 |
| Chillin' by the lake |
 |
| Loving on her daddy |
 |
| He'll chew on anything to help the teething pain |
 |
| Morning shenanigans on the porch at the lake |
 |
| Blowing on her first dandelion! |
 |
| Discovering pine needles |
 |
| Goofing off back home in the back yard |
 |
| First cruise in our new ride. Just a small little thing. |
 |
| Park fun after the ride home from the lake |
It seems our days have revolved around water this week.
Monday kicked off with Landry's weekly swim class. She loved it so much she tried her first water slide at the end. She's really building confidence with her skills in the water. Today she graduates to wearing fins to work on kicking and understanding the sensation of swimming.
Saturday and Sunday we holed up at the lake house. It was a gorgeous weekend and we just soaked up the sun most of the time. Landry got a kite for Christmas and we took it out for its first ride. I was surprised Landry wasn't more mesmerized by her dragonfly sailing through the sky. She's still most excited by kicking balls around the backyard.
This week was a fun one, although we've all been a little under the weather. Thursday I picked Landry up from school for some mommy-and-daughter time. We grabbed cookies and milk, hit the grocery store and got a balloon. Friday I took a half day from work to have a fun playdate with my friend Christy and her daughter Elle. We took the kids to Starbucks and then walked to the park to let them run around for a couple of hours (thank goodness for this warm winter weather!). And Wednesday night I had my own playdate -- a much-needed night out with my friends Paula and Jon!
Updates on the kiddos: Landry has a new favorite show called Chloe's Closet. Every night before bed she requests watching it with Michael. Now that the weather's nice, she wants to garden all the time. She grabs her bucket and plastic shovel and just kicks up dirt around the yard. She also loves to jump. She sings this little song about jumping forwards and backwards (I have no clue where she learned it) and hops around the house and yard.
Barrett is in the awful 5:30 a.m. wake up routine for the past week. The only good part about it is after I get a latte in me I get a couple hours alone with the little guy. But I'm really ready for our normal 7 a.m. wakeup call again though.
He's starting to say more words and walk solo more and more. His favorite activities are kicking balls around the house when you hold his hand and climbing the stairs. He could climb the stairs for hours if you let him. He's also a little dancer. If you play music or sing a song he likes to bop his head and sway his shoulders from side to side. It's the cutest thing, so needless to say I sing constantly to him.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment