Monday, February 23, 2015

Installs, snakes and sick kiddos

Barrett playing with my work hat post install

Thanks for the sweet treat Nanay and Tatay!

Ready for takeoff for an adult getaway with friends!

The beautiful view from our room

How pretty is this place? 


Michael walking back from shooting

Group shot!





Art project with my girl post vacay
The past week has been action packed.

It started Monday with Landry's swim class.  Bradley and Megan came to watch and Landry became a little performing fish in the water.  She jumped off the highest point on the jungle gym and held her breath six seconds during her drills.  She is really starting to love the water and is so much fun to watch.

Wednesday we had ballet.  She's finally starting to find her groove and follow instruction. I could watch her dance around in that cute little leotard and tights all day!

Thursday I had a large home office install for a cute California girl I met through a former client.  The install went great and Lauren is thrilled with the results.  Her office was on the third floor so I got a serious workout in, too.

This weekend we were invited on a three-day quail hunt with our friends Nicolette and Miles in South Texas. It was a blast -- and Miles' family home on the famous King Ranch is beyond charming.  We saw gorgeous Texas country and sunsets, got face-to-face with some crazy critters (the boys killed three rattle snakes alone), shot skeet and loads of quail, and ate like kings (cue the fried snake and bacon-wrapped dove). It was such a treat and although we were up early for hunting each morning, it was really relaxing roaming around the outdoors and catching up with friends over margaritas.

Yesterday we got back to two sick kiddos. Landry is getting over a mild cold but Barrett has croup. Last night was no fun as Barrett was up several times. As the weather gods would have it, our doctor's office was closed today due to icy conditions. I stayed home with the kids today to give Cristina some time off and to take special care of Barrett.  He has a doctor's appointment in the morning to get a steroid shot to feel better stat.

When Barrett was napping today, I sent out Landry's birthday invites.  We're hosting a one-of-a-kind painting party at my framer's shop with a local artist.  I think Landry is going to lose her mind at this shindig.  I scheduled it while my parents are in town for the flea next weekend so it will be fun to have family there, too. I can't believe she's almost 3!




No comments:

Post a Comment