![]() |
| Landry and I had a sweets date post summer school Tuesday |
![]() |
| My little man in uniform |
![]() |
| The artiste deep in her craft |
![]() |
| Our very worldly appetizer this week with Moroccan olive oil and basil from Buena Vista Ranch in Missouri |
![]() |
| Avoiding mosquitos with a game of chalk indoors |
![]() |
| Entry to Michael's luau party |
![]() |
| The bar saw a lot of action! |
![]() |
| Hawaiian sugar cookies that tasted as good as they looked! |
![]() |
| We turned the sundeck area into a tropical seating spot |
![]() |
| Toasting the birthday boy before guests arrived |
![]() |
| A couple of hotties at the party |
![]() |
| The boys ended up in the pool at the end of the night |
![]() |
| Early morning park play date with my girl |
![]() |
| Some boys let her have a tennis ball from their match and she didn't want to let go of the ball the rest of the day |
![]() |
| Pool time with the peanut. He chilled in Landry's boat for an hour and loved every single minute |
![]() |
| Crazy girl making silly faces in her bounce house |
![]() |
| My sweet boys |
![]() |
| Wish I had her red lips! |
I had a wonderful flea meeting on Wednesday. We plan to have a signed lease by September 1 on my new space! I've opted to start with the building's first floor which is 35,000 square feet. I have my work cut out for me but it's very doable and exciting -- especially with my new coordinator Mary Grace at the helm.
I start working with a space planner and general contractor in two weeks to really get moving on the finish out and layout for the flea. I'm so thrilled this is all coming together finally!
That same day I took a meeting on a new local project. The W Hotel residence building wants to remodel the front lobby and has asked me to give them a proposal by mid August. I am so flattered and excited about the opportunity. I just need to figure out if I can swing the time frame but I'm definitely going to try to make it work for all parties.
It was such a big day! Luckily I had dinner on the books with my friends Paula, Joslyn and Sam so we toasted with margaritas at my new favorite Mexican restaurant (Troy Aikman sat next to us, which also ended the day on a high note).
Last night we hosted Michael's luau. It was a blast. My in-laws took the kiddos for part of the day so we could pull everything together. It looked really festive and my signature cocktail (Mike's Mai Tai) was a huge hit. We had about 40 of Michael's dearest friends over. Kyle and Lindsay were the last guests to leave at a cool 2 a.m. so I think it's safe to say the party was a hit (especially since a handful of guys ended up in the pool to cool off and chill until the wee hours...)
Today we just relaxed at home. We spent hours in the pool with the kiddos, Landry played in her bounce house, we ordered in a big Italian dinner and finished off the last of the Mai Tai's. It was the perfect way to cap off an exhausting week and Saturday.
Now the countdown begins to Maui to really relax and ring in Michael's actual 4-0!!!




















No comments:
Post a Comment