Sunday, July 13, 2014

Big boy bed and bites

Barrett is fascinated by his big sis

Relaxing with my favorite feet

Landry's first homemade pizza

This one is for all of Barrett's California aunties!

Barrett loves to watch Snuffer swim around the fish bowl in the morning

Lunch date with Fran

Landry's first friendship bracelet and cute butterfly
art project from summer school

Making veggie pasta for lunch with mommy

Licking up the leftover corn juice

Barrett's first stab at bananas.  He approves!

He also wants to try wine...

Fun Friday night at home with new friends


Pooped out from jumping in his bouncy seat

Park play date with my girl

She loves the slides!

Cheese plate lunch at home while the babies napped

Summer concert date night!



Landry's first French braid
(I have some major room for improvement)!

Landry loves to grocery shop with me when
there's a cool car cart involved
This week was a big one for the Cobb crew.  Barrett started eating solids.  So far he's tested carrots, broccoli, and bananas.  He likes all of them but it seems carrots are his favorite.

He also officially moved from his bassinet in our walk-in closet to his crib in his room upstairs.

We tested out the crib last night for the first time and he adjusted perfectly.  I could have kept him in our room for another six months but he's simply too big for his sweet wicker bassinet and needed more space.

I had a light night's sleep because I was checking the monitor every hour or so but he didn't miss a beat.

We've been enjoying summer so much lately.  This week Michael and I took advantage of Bradley's babysitting skills for a nice, mid-week, dinner date.  Friday Landry and I had a play date with some new friends that just moved here from Southern California set up by my childhood friend Samantha.

Landry is definitely entering the terrible two's these days.  She's very possessive of things.  She loves to say, "Landry's toys" or "Landry's blanket." Just about anything gets a "Landry" in front of it.  She doesn't love to share and can throw a mean tantrum.

All that said, she luckily moves on quickly and usually bounces back to her sweet self within minutes after reasoning with her.  But we have had many meltdowns over the past two weeks or so and I'm ready to move past this stage, pronto.

One thing that always makes her happy is cooking.  She loves to help me in the kitchen!  This week she helped me prepare salmon, pasta and even made her first mini pizza for dinner.  She loves to nibble on the ingredients while I prep and watch things bake in the oven.

Saturday we had some fun at the park and then took the kiddos over to our friends' house for some pool time.  My friend Nicolette just had a baby boy and we got to meet the little guy and all hang out in the water and catchup.  Landry and their two-year old Henry played in the water with trucks, drank chocolate milk and nibbled on watermelon.  It was a perfect little afternoon.

Last night Michael and I tried out a new sitter (sadly our staple moved to North Carolina) for date night.  We grabbed a delicious Italian dinner and then saw Rascal Flatts and Sheryl Crow perform (we had awesome seats!).  We've been really good about getting out lately.  It's so nice to connect away from the chaos at home and over a civilized meal.

Today our friends Vance and Kym invited us over for some pool time (yes, California folks, we live in the water during the summer so we don't melt away) and dinner.  They have older girls and Landry loved playing in the water with them (and their playroom chock full of toys even more).

When we got home I sent out Michael's 40th birthday invite.  In honor of our trip to Maui for his actual birthday, I'm throwing him a luau at the house to toast the big 4-0 with friends.  It's going to be very simple and lowkey (we just decided on the idea this weekend), but I'm looking forward to celebrating my sweet hubby.

Tomorrow marks Barrett's six month birthday.  Michael is 40 in a month.  Landry is two going on 12.  I can't believe how fast time is flying.

At least I will always be 31 :)





No comments:

Post a Comment