![]() |
| Six month birthday silly portrait |
![]() |
| Chillin' in their Bumbos before dinnertime |
![]() |
| One of Landry's darling summer school projects |
![]() |
| Wanted her hat and purse to grab frozen yogurt last weekend |
![]() |
| She scored this balloon at the grocery store while buying bites for our Saturday dinner party at the house. She didn't let go of it until bedtime. |
![]() |
| That purple sparkly purse has crackers stored inside for our Sunday morning stroll to feed the ducks. She insisted she bring her pink ball too. |
![]() |
| Missouri lodge bound! |
| My office Sunday and Monday |
![]() |
| How gorgeous is this vintage barn?! |
| Leaving the lodge |
He's really starting to get some hair. It seems to be light blonde and a little curly. Even though it's super short, he gets a little bedhead in the morning and it's the cutest, frizzy little mess just like his sister's.
Cristina brought over a bouncy seat that attaches to the door jam for Barrett to try. He loves it! He will literally bounce for an hour if you let him. He's starting to really get the hang of it and looks like a little ballerina twirling around. It's the funniest thing to watch.
Landry is still throwing tantrums over small stuff. I will not be sad when this phase passes. All that said, she is also so much fun. She's obsessed with saying "please, thank you and you're welcome." I have been working with her on her manners and she's hooked on repeating the words over and over (could be worse, I suppose).
She's becoming a little mama's girl. She doesn't like it when I leave for work or go upstairs to my home office after bringing her home from school. She loves to cuddle after dinner and intertwine her feet with mine which melts my heart every time.
She's currently obsessed with Mickey Mouse, Caillou, her doll Vicky, Curious George, swimming, riding her bike, art projects and the book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
Last week the Jones asked me to fly up to the lodge with them for a couple of days. We left on a Sunday afternoon so I made last weekend really count with Michael and the kiddos.
We really relaxed gardening, playing outside, grilling out with friends and with a leisurely Sunday brunch. The weather was unseasonably cool, so Sunday morning I took Landry on a long walk and fed the ducks. She loves to hold onto the bread en route so we stashed several crackers in her favorite purple sparkly purse and she clenched it with all of her might the entire way there.
For every piece she tossed in the water she ate a piece, which made it all the more fun to watch.
I hated leaving my sweet babies Sunday but it was a great work trip. We're starting a big new project this fall so I did loads of picture taking, measuring and shopping all the old barns and structures on the property. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that this is what I get to do for a living!
The family was so great including me in all of the activities from fishing to ATV riding and meals. Before we left yesterday Jerry took me on a ride all over the property in a cool, rugged Jeep. On the job last year I hardly saw daylight so it was fun to really get to explore the 4,000 acre property. From old barns and stables to open fields and thick forests, I was just in awe of the beauty of that place and all of the wild animals roaming around.
Today was back to the grind. I started training a new employee for the flea, which is really exciting. We are moving right along with the expansion and new space. I have a big meeting tomorrow and will hopefully have more news to share soon.
Somehow between client meetings this week I'm going to pull off preparations for Michael's 40th birthday party this weekend. I'm very much looking forward to celebrating him and enjoying a Mai Tai -- or two!











No comments:
Post a Comment