Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Family photos and Barrett's two-week update

















On Saturday my friend Jaclyn and her husband Jeff came by to take photos of the Cobb crew.  We had such a ball!

With champagne flowing and music streaming throughout the house and yard (the weather was a cool 70 degrees!), we migrated around the casa for cute, casual photos of everyone.

Like always, Jaclyn captured some pretty special moments and a lot of great candid shots.  (See several above; I've left out many of just Barrett so I can pick my favorites and keep them a surprise for the announcement.)

---

Yesterday my mom and I took Barrett to his two-week checkup.  I can't believe he's already two weeks!  Everything checked out great.

He's now nine pounds making him 75th percentile according to the charts.  His head is only 25th percentile while his height is 50th.  He couldn't be proportioned more opposite than his string-bean-big-headed sister!

He didn't like his shot one bit but was cool as a cucumber otherwise during the appointment.

On the home front, he's still very chill.  He is no longer sleeping those long legs through the night, unfortunately.  But, he gets up about every two to three hours to feed and goes back down right away.  So, it's not horrible but I sure miss my sleep!

This morning Cristina introduced him to his first bottle of my breastmilk.  He didn't take to it immediately, but after a few minutes got the hang of it and sucked down three ounces in minutes.  I'm very relieved we've crossed that bridge and I don't have to fret if I'm away from the house past feeding time.

Tonight is our first night with just the babies.  I already miss my family tons but look forward to our first family dinner of four.  Makes me feel so old.  Do I really have two kids?!


No comments:

Post a Comment