| My seven month belly! |
![]() |
| Landry chilling with her baby doll watching tv |
![]() |
| Playing on some toys at the mall |
| Touring daddy's work with the boss |
Last week flew by with so much on my plate. It turned out that Courtney coming in town for Homecoming weekend was just what I needed to slow things down a bit and relax.
Thursday we had practically an all-nighter catching up after her evening flight arrived. She had sorority stuff all day Friday so I had a full mommy-and-me day with Landry. We took a morning walk, shopped at the mall, had lunch on the town, hit the park and even visited Michael at work for a little bit.
I'm so obsessed with this 19 month stage. She is so much fun! She's really starting to communicate. She now says "up" and "down" when she wants to be fed, get out of the highchair to play, be picked up, etc. She can identify an animal and make their noises -- moo, meow -- and loves to say bye bye to just about anything she passes.
Giving kisses are another favorite past time. She gets in these kissing spells where she wants to give a dozen kisses in a row. She's very vocal when doing it making a loud mmmmm..... noise with each little peck.
And she's a walking machine. She really never crawls anymore. She's a little wobbly at times but really doing great. She tends to keep her little arms or hands in the air when she walks for balance and it's just the cutest thing.
Friday night Michael, Courtney and I went out with friends for dinner and drinks. We ate at Courtney's favorite Mexican restaurant, Javiers, and then the gang had cocktails at this cool new lounge nearby. Saturday we had a girls day from hitting a local estate sale and flea market to lunch at R&D and some serious clothing shopping since Louisville doesn't have much to offer. Although I didn't really shop for clothes, I scored several finds at the estate sale and flea including three vintage tomahawks laced with leather and feathers to hang in Barrett's nursery.
I'm feeling really good these days preggo-wise. My lower back pain has actually subsided, which is a huge relief. My energy levels are a little lower than normal but nothing I can't handle. He's moving in my belly like crazy. Luckily, I'm sleeping great and don't have any discomfort at night other than having to run to the restroom around 3 a.m. without fail.
I'm craving tons of sweets right now for some strange reason. I'm also getting full a lot faster than normal so I'm guessing he's getting pretty crowded in there and leaving less and less room for food.
Michael and I are finally getting started on the nursery tomorrow after work. We plan to lay out Barrett's rug and build the crib. The rest will have to wait until I complete the Jones job mid-November.
Tomorrow is the start of the busiest two weeks of my life. I'll be back -- more than likely a year older! -- when I have time to catch my breath!


No comments:
Post a Comment