On Sunday, I celebrated 25 weeks with my bun in the oven. This photo was taken at 24 weeks, but I've been very bad about taking photos of the bump this pregnancy so it's the most recent photo I have to share.
I had a doctor's visit Monday to check on the little guy. His heartbeat sounded great and I'm measuring on track. I told my doctor about my nagging lower back pain and she prescribed warm baths and back massages -- two of my favorite things -- so I'll be sure to follow the doctor's orders!
Given my c-section history, she also asked to schedule Barrett's birth. It caught me a little off guard as I scheduled Landry at 36 weeks or so if I remember right. But, given the busy holiday schedule, I wanted to make sure I snagged a day my doctor's in town.
I had been thinking about his birthday a lot lately. We don't have any significant dates in the immediate family to fall on. I knew I wanted a Monday or Tuesday delivery if possible (that way I get to go home on the weekend and have Michael around and out of town family can visit on my comfy turf versus the icky hospital room). That gave me 1/13 or 1/14 so I opted for 1/14/14. Landry's birthday is 3/12/12, so I thought it was kind of fun to have him on 14 of 14.
All that said, he could very well arrive at any time late December on. And given the timing of things lately, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he decided to show up to the party on Christmas or New Years. Fingers crossed he waits until 2014 to show his sweet little self.
I can't believe I haven't even started a single step in his nursery. His room is currently a guest room and everything inside is moving to the lake house so I've been waiting for the big move (next Thursday, yay!) to start decorating. I have an idea of what I want to do but just couldn't really get anything going in a room full of furniture. Once the Jones job is complete mid November, I plan to really hit his room hard.
Today is a very special day at Casa Cobb. It's our third wedding anniversary! I can't believe we've only been married three years. We've packed so much in it feels like we should be in the double digits. Bradley is going to babysit tonight so we can grab a quiet dinner and toast. I'm heading to the lake house to check on progress today so I'm very much looking forward to relaxing with Michael tonight and enjoying a nice glass of wine or bubbly.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment