I just had to check the calendar to see how many weeks pregnant I am today. That's how crazy things are around Casa Cobb these days!
This past week was a whirlwind with a last minute day trip to Missouri and move-in day at the lake house on Friday. The lake house remodel has been a real thorn in my side the past couple of weeks. To make a long story short, I've basically fired all of the original contractors because they're either too slow, doing sub-par work, or both.
After pushing my install back a week, I decided to move everything in on Friday anyway to finally empty out our garage and guest bedroom so I can finally start thinking about pulling together a nursery for Barrett. The move went great, but the house is still about a week or two from completion. I came home Friday a little bent out of shape about it all and decided to call my go-to Dallas crew and see if they could work over the weekend.
Luckily, a couple of guys were free so Michael and I met them out there yesterday (along with Landry after babysitter plans fell through). We got a load of work done and they should finish just about everything by mid this week.
All that said, the place is shaping up to be absolutely darling and I can't wait to enjoy it with family and friends soon. Landry had a ball out there from playing on the dock to watching the ducks swim around. It was a bit difficult at times (she refused to nap with so much action going on in the house and no crib to speak of), but reaffirmed how much fun we will have as a family out there.
The reason I've been so determined to finish the house by this weekend is that starting tomorrow I am 24/7 committed to my flea market and the Jones job for the next month (plus, Courtney is in town next weekend for SMU homecoming). The flea is November 2nd and then I fly to Missouri on the 4th for a week to install the lodge and will possibly be back out on the ranch the following week for a few days. Thank goodness Mimi arrives next week for a good 10 days or so to lend a helping hand!
On the walking front, Landry is doing great. She's now walking about 90 percent of the time. I can't believe just two weeks ago she wasn't taking a step and today she's a little walking machine.
Today we had brunch with our friends Ariana and Jason and their one-year old daughter Leila. Leila is also walking and the girls are so darn cute together bopping around, playing with eachothers' hair, and giving kisses. Ari cooked a killer brunch and then the boys watched the Cowboys game. It was the perfect lazy Sunday after our crazy Saturday romp out east.
While Landry napped this afternoon, I cleared out a last few things from the old guest bedroom to start on Barrett's nursery soon. Our crib arrived recently so I will have Michael build it this week. I found some really cute bedding so at least his sleeping quarters will be complete soon. I have a tee pee-inspired canopy in mind for around the crib I plan to tackle next. I don't really have a theme in mind for his room but it will loosely be Indian inspired (as in Native American -- think feathers, bows and arrows, wild animals).
We ended our day with a delicious grilled chicken dinner courtesy of Michael. The weather has been beautiful here and we took full advantage tonight.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment