![]() |
| Baby #2 due January 19th! |
| A recent Friday funday swing session |
![]() |
| The bump! |
![]() |
| Cristina encouraging Landry to walk |
![]() |
| Trying peanut butter and jelly for the first time |
| Playing in the pool with daddy |
I've been debating to share the news on the blog, but by this point we've told nearly every family member and close friend.
On Mother's Day weekend I found out I was pregnant! I couldn't think of a more perfect gift.
I had been feeling great but had a sneaky suspicion I had brought home more than jewelry from Harbour Island. I had warned Michael that weekend so we took Landry to our favorite Mexican restaurant and ordered a margarita just in case it was my last sip of liquor for a while.
When we got home, the test was positive before I could even put it down on the counter. Michael and I were both shocked! We were completely amazed how easily we get preggo but nonetheless thrilled that it happened so fast for us.
Today I'm exactly eight weeks. Baby #2 is due January 19th. It's still very early and anything could happen at this point. But, with my trip to California the day after we found out the news and our busy social calendar, we've spilled the beans to our close circle and I couldn't keep writing without mentioning the biggest thing going on in our life right now!
So far I've been feeling pretty good with some occasional nausea (luckily I haven't lost my lunch yet). I haven't been too tired, just a tad if I've had a long day. Given some of the symptoms I've seen my friends experience, I can't complain. I do miss my lattes, though! I can't stand the thought of one right now. It's been almost three weeks since I've had coffee and I miss it dearly!
I'm already showing and putting on the pounds, too. To battle the nausea I have to constantly eat (just like with Landry!) so I've already gained about five pounds. My mom could see my belly at just four weeks in California. I'm already unpacking my maternity clothes as I'm sure I'll be unable to button my pants in a week or two.
My first appointment went really well. We made it a family affair so Michael, Landry and I could all hear the heartbeat. They took my blood tests the same day and I haven't heard anything since, which means I should be clear of any scares like last time.
I'm thrilled with the timing of the pregnancy as I was hoping to have another winter/early spring baby because the weather was perfect with Landry. The only bummer is that we won't be able to spend Christmas in California but I'm excited to spend my first Christmas in Dallas and nest with the family when it's cold outside before baby #2 arrives.
As far as the sex, it's widely known that I've always wanted two girls. But, Michael would love a boy and I would be just as thrilled if that's what's meant to be. I truly don't care what we have; I just hope for another healthy, happy baby. Although I must say I have a girls name ready to go. If it's a boy, I have no clue what we will call the little guy. Just four to eight more weeks and I'll find out what it is...
In other news, Landry got her first top tooth! Friday morning she woke up with her left front tooth poking out of her little gums. She did much better this time around and it looks like her two top fangs are going to arrive any day.
We had a ball this weekend. Friday I took her on a walk and we fed the ducks at Lakeside Park. Every time I tossed a piece of bread in the water I would hand her a piece to do the same. But each time she opted to eat the bread instead. It was pretty cute.
Afterwards we met Nicolette and Henry for a lunch date. It's so fun to watch the kiddos interact. Henry puts Landry to shame in the eating department (he eats more than me)!
Lately I've been introducing new foods to Landry. She really loves macaroni and cheese (shocker) and watermelon. Today at brunch I made her blueberry pancakes and she liked them a lot. She's also become a big fan of french fries thanks to Mimi.
Yesterday we had a big family day. We went to brunch with Bradley and then spent the afternoon in the pool. Michael put her baby pool in the big pool and she floated around on her own little island. She loved crawling around our sun deck and splashing in the fountain. She spent two hours in the pool but could have easily stayed in another two or three.
Last night we took her to Nana and Grandpa's house to play while we had a quick date night. Our dinner was wonderful, but boy do I miss my cocktails. That is the only real complaint I have about pregnancy. It's just not fair we can't drink when we need it most (especially with a 15 month old on my hip)!
Tomorrow I'm off to Missouri for another long day trip so I tried to take it easy today. We cooked a big brunch at home and enjoyed some more pool time with the peanut. We are soaking up every minute as a little family of three with another on the way soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment