Sunday, June 23, 2013

15 month checkup


Loves to scribble on her chalkboard

Doing some serious reading while waiting
 for Dr. Watkins at her 15 month checkup

Tasting her first cupcake at Celebrity Bakery


Pretty flowers and the coolest zipper pouch from
my sweet friends

Sipping on her tall-no-ice-water at Starbucks

Sunday funday swing time

Crazy curls!


This week has been a bit nuts.  Michael was out of town Sunday through Wednesday for work so I was on solo baby duty every night.  Thursday, I was in Missouri for another long day trip and then back on baby duty Friday during my mommy-Landry day.  This 10-week preggo booty is tired!

We fit in a lot of fun and firsts this week though.  One night I was craving pasta and ordered Landry tortellini.  She tried it and literally licked the bowl.  She ate more than me, which is hard these days.  On Friday I was craving sweets -- and more carbs -- and packed her up for a bakery run where she tasted her first vanilla cupcake.  

Clearly, I'm having some serious cravings.  I'm mostly in the mood for carbs and sugar, just like when I was preggo with Landry.  The one really weird one though is Indian food.  I've had chicken masala at least once a week and could eat it every night if Michael was game.  

I've been feeling pretty good although I got sick for the first time on Thursday.  My timing couldn't have been worse.  We were flying back from Missouri when I got suddenly nauseous just a few minutes from landing back in Dallas.  It was kind of funny, actually.  Jerry's assistant handed me a  Tiffany's bag to, well, you know.  When I was done, she gave me a monogrammed Cowboys towel to wipe my mouth and a Perrier to feel better.  Needless to say, it was the classiest way to loose my lunch!

Friday Landry had her 15 month checkup.  She's in the 75th percentile for height, 30th for weight and 97th for head circumference.  She got two shots and cried for a bit but was a total champ.  She passed the hearing and eyesight tests and "hit her 15 month milestones" except for walking.

She's really late to the walking game.  She's standing on her own all the time and will walk with a walker or holding my hands but she isn't interested in taking steps on her own.  She's actually scared by it often getting fussy or just plopping herself on the ground in refusal.  I'm working with her on it every day and hope she finds her footing soon.  She's getting heavy to carry around all the time!

Yesterday we spent a couple of hours in the pool with the peanut.  She was in heaven!  At night we hosted a dinner party with friends at the house.  I've been having friends over a lot lately because it's easy with the baby since we can just put her to bed and not worry about a sitter.  Paula and Todd came over with our friends Lauren and JJ.  Bradley joined us too since he's friends with Lo (she's his age and a fellow CA native).

Michael grilled chicken and I made some new summer salad sides from Martha Stewart.  Everything was delish!  As a thank you, Paula brought me a monogrammed zipper pouch made from vintage fabric she found at a local flea market.  She also gave me a DIY framed elephant print made with a pair of Landry's old bloomers.  It was the sweetest gift ever.  It's already in Landry's bookshelf and so special to me.  I have the sweetest and most thoughtful friends in the world.

This morning I took Landry on our routine Sunday morning walk.  We hiked to Highland Park Village where I attempted my first coffee in months.  I could only drink half but it was a start to kicking this first trimester funk.  Landry got a water and loved sipping from the big girl cup!  Afterwards we hit the park for some swing time, which she loved of course.

Tomorrow is my next doctor's appointment for baby #2.  I'll report back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment