Thursday, January 1, 2015

Holiday roundup


Opening her Elsa doll from Megan
Needless to say, Elsa was a hit!
Decorating cookies for Santa
Christmas at Cristina's house
The calm before the storm
Daddy and Bradley building Barrett's car from Cristina.
P.S. That's Barrett about to crawl down into our sunken living room.
We are on full-time watch Barrett alert these days. The boy is fearless. It's exhausting! 
Opening presents from Nana and Grandpa

Testing out their new wheels

Singing her heart out to Old MacDonald
Calling Mimi on her new pink phone.
Thanks for the Mickey chair, Nana! 
Dinner and movie date night with my besties
In love with my new monogrammed napkins. I plan to have more
dinner parties in 2015 to get some serious use out of these bad boys!
It's freezing here!  But that doesn't stop me from taking my
little fur ball on a walk outside in his new ride (and coat) 
Cooked a lot last week.  Steak and tomato bisque night was delish!


Grocery store run with my girl.  Couldn't leave without a
balloon, of course.  She's still obsessed with balloons.
He won't sit still these days.  But one night he fell asleep in my arms
post-bottle feeding.  I cherished every-single-second.  
First New Years Eve sans babies.  Jon and David (not pictured)
hosted the most fabulous night for about 20 friends.
Pre-party (aka dinner) with Paula and Todd on NYE.
I promise we're at a Moroccan restaurant, not a strip club.
Although Michael did enjoy putting some bills in the belly dancer's belt!  

Helloooo, 2015! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and nice New Years Eve!

The past week has been filled with friends, family, delicious food and loads of wrapping paper cleanup.  It was so much fun seeing Christmas through Landry's eyes this year.  We kept things simple with just a handful of presents from Santa (the same cannot be said about the grandparents).  Although she really wanted a pink scooter, the biggest hit was by far her electric piano and microphone.  Our house is currently moonlighting as a jazz club.

We packed up all the holiday gear yesterday to start of the new year with a tidy house and no chores. We plan to lay low today and head to the lake house tomorrow for more quality family time.  These past two weeks have been a really lovely mix of family, friends, relaxation and fun.  Although I must say, I miss the nanny after nearly two weeks of full-time mommy duty!  Glad Cristina's back from her holiday break next week.

Last night we rang in the new year with friends.  Jon and David hosted the most fabulous party for about 20 of their closest pals. It was the perfect combo of chic and laid back. Great food, warm fire, beaucoup bubbly and the best company you could ask for. Fun fact: Michael propsed five years ago on NYE!

I'm not a big resolutions person but this year I have put a few in place.  My main one is to get more organized/create more order in our house.  The gear, sippy cups, random cereal box toys, etc. don't know what's about to hit them!  I've had it with the crap and clutter.

My other goal is to get my booty back in the gym.  It's been a good three years since I've put my membership to work.  It's time.  Barrett is so heavy and I'm tired of feeling it in my neck and shoulders.  Elliptical and free weights, here I come!

Other goals: spend more time with friends, cook more, work less.  I plan to take more time off to be with the kids as well as family in California.

I love the fresh start that a new year brings. I hope everyone has their best year yet.  Cheers to 2015!






No comments:

Post a Comment