 |
| Cookie date with Landry |
 |
| Park fun post sweets |
 |
Landry and I embellished several wreaths with ornaments, twigs and burlap bows for around the house and the front door. She loved the activity! |
 |
| Painting gift tags for her teacher's Christmas presents |
 |
| I came home one day to Barrett rocking a mohawk |
 |
| Showing me her dance moves at ballet class |
 |
After every ballet class, we go for donuts. We traded the cute shop for the gas station this week since mommy's car was on empty. |
 |
| Friday park play date |
 |
| Friday night fun with friends |
 |
| Loving on daddy |
 |
Scenes from the pizza party. Much needed bevvies when six kiddos are on hand! |
 |
| Landry loves to walk around the house in my shoes |
 |
| Saturday cooking class with friends |
 |
| This morning's family band session |
 |
| Today at the park post lunch. It's cold here! |
 |
| Finishing her ice cream after seeing Christmas lights |
After a very busy 2014, and an especially busy six weeks, I finally got to catch my breath this week.
Monday I took off the afternoon and picked up Landry to buy some holiday decor for some fun DIY projects to make our house and dinner table festive for the holidays. Afterwards, we had a cookies and milk date and played at the park. It was such a nice break from the office and she was in heaven playing hookie from home.
The rest of the week I made time for other fun outings from Landry's ballet class to lunch with friends. Michael and I hired a babysitter Thursday night and had a long decadent dinner out and cocktails after to boot. I even took Friday off work to be with the kiddos all day. I really needed family time this week after being gone so much over the past month.
This weekend was a ball. Friday night we had two couples over with their kids making a total of six babies three and under in the house. We ordered in and just hung out while the kiddos decorated cookies, watched Curious George and played with every single toy in Landry's playroom. Landry was literally giddy the entire time; she had so much fun she didn't go to bed until 10 p.m., which is a good two hours later than usual.
Saturday I had a bridal shower for a friend. The hosts hired a chef for a personal cooking class (definitely doing this at our house with friends stat). My girlfriends and I had a ball being pampered with luxurious bites, champagne and easy-to-follow cooking tips!
I no sooner got home and our friends Fran and Matthew were in the area and stopped by for drinks. They hadn't seen the kiddos in a while and wanted to hang out with them. Landry loves being around the adults -- usually she'll put on a performance with either a singing or dancing production. We had such a great time catching up and playing with the kiddos that our standing Saturday sitter arrived mid-cocktails.
So, Michael and I traded our date night for a party of four and went out for an adults-only dinner down the street. I love when we have no plans and our days and nights turn into a great adventure. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends. With my family so many miles away, they truly are my family here and my kids' extended aunts, uncles and cousins. I feel so blessed to have these people in my life.
Today we had a laid back family day that included lots of Mexican food and more time logged at the park. Tonight I took Landry for ice cream and a long ride around the neighborhood to take in all of the lights while Michael put Barrett down. It was such a nice, relaxing day. Plus, the Cowboys won.
Great day in my book!
No comments:
Post a Comment