Sunday, December 7, 2014

Barrett's first steps!

Lounging on our bed before bedtime last week

Starbucks date with my girl on Friday before I went to work.
She lives for their vanilla milk and pink cake pops.

She's getting so tall!  A random mess of toys, like always,
strewn throughout our bathroom.

Landry painted a picture for Bradley's sick girlfriend Megan.
That's her real signature at the bottom.  Love the squiggles!

On our way to the doctor for his flu shot.  He did great!

She loved getting her face painted.
Definitely noting this as a third birthday party idea.


Michael is MIA becuase he's taking the photo -- which also might explain why it's so bad.
 I don't know if Mrs. Claus or Landry has a better pose?!

With Cristina at the mall last week.  

Dancing with her buddies Sophia and Alex

Playing in the living room this weekend


There's always one of these in the mix...

Paying for her new baby stroller.  I tried to buy her the cute baby doll,
but she said no because the stroller was for Vicky.
Vicky is so worn and scary at this point, but we can't seem to lose her!


Waiting for his dinner

This was a very big weekend for Barrett.  He took his first shower with Landry.  He got a flu shot.  And HE WALKED!!!  Make that ran!!!

The boy is on the move.  And he won't sit down even if you try to force him (unless there's food involved).  He is so excited by being in motion that he is giddy.  Literally the little guy didn't stop laughing today because he was so happy standing, walking and nose diving into my arms for hours on end.

He never really conquered crawling.  He was pretty close, but always wanted to pull up and try to be on his feet instead.  He's far from a full walker but if he gets his balance standing he will take off after a few seconds.  Oh, and he learned he loves to nose dive into you and thinks it's hysterical.  I see lots of tears in our future.

Last week was a big one for mommy too.  I wrapped up my Newport Beach client's shopping list and loaded everything onto the truck.  It's there now and I arrive tomorrow for the five-day floor-to-ceiling install.  I'm so excited to get my hands dirty and make the home a fabulous dwelling for a family that I have grown to love.

In between all of that chaos, I had some major projects locally, too.  By Friday night my assisant and I bellied up to the Bob's bar for a lemondrop to catch our breath!

This weekend was a mix of relaxation and crazy.  After Barrett's doctor appointment yesterday,  we took the kids out to lunch in Highland Park Village.  They had some really fun activities in the plaza center.  Landry got a pink kitty balloon animal, a rainbow face painting and a thumbprint cookie to boot.  She was in heaven (except when Santa paid us a visit). Michael and I topped the day off with a lovely date night sans kiddos.

Today I got my holiday shopping list in gear (hence, the crazy part of the weekend).  I brought Landry with me for some mommy-daughter time and she had a ball.  She also scored a baby stroller and mini electric guitar so that might explain part of her loving the excursion.

At least that's two less gifts I need to worry about...






No comments:

Post a Comment