Sunday, November 30, 2014

November wrap up

A cool decorator showcase in BA on our first day
Hugs with Ry Guy
Just a typical mid-day snack in BA.
The food and drinks were incredible!
The boys enjoying a cigar pre-jazz show
We had one adventure day where we took a train to a nearby town
and kayaked throughout these gorgeous bayous. It was a fun break from the city.
Busted out my tennis shoes for some serious flea market shopping!
We brought back so many special treasures for our house.
Soaking up some sun on our last day before the long flight back home
I was SO happy to get back home to this cutie pie
Can't snuggle him enough!  All he wants to do is wiggle out of my arms these days.
Precious passed-out-in-the-car moment 
They had a ball decorating the Christmas tree in their holiday jammies
Landry jumping puddles with Papa and Gray Papa post hotdog lunch


Last week Landry was off from "school" so I took her
 shopping with me a couple times to get her out of the house.
Bathtime after his first Thanksgiving
They love to play in Landry's crib each morning
Doc McStuffins at your service!
Waiting for Daddy to pick us up -- and our treasures -- at Canton.
We found some really fun stuff for the lake house.
The minute we arrived at the lake house she had to
run around the backyard and check on the ducks 



Uncle Bradley joined us one night for some fun


So glad I caught this sweet moment on camera! 

Poking his eye out, per usual 

How in the world is tomorrow December?!?!?!

This month has definitely won "shortest month ever" in my record book. November was such a whirl I can hardly remember what all happened!

The week leading up to my birthday was full of flea planning and fun lunches thanks to my sweet friends Fran and Kym.  But the day before the flea I landed a serious bug and was in bed for nearly 24 hours.

I rallied for the flea and my actual birthday but was feeling so-so at best.  Luckily the flea went off without a single issue and was a success.  The next evening I was thankfully feeling much better (Michael, too, as he also got the bug) and we took off for eight days in Buenos Aires to visit my brother.  Sadly, my mom got sick just as we were leaving town.  Best Mimi ever to watch two babies while battling the flu in unseasonably frigid Dallas temps!

We had a ball in BA!  Ryan was the ultimate tour guide.  We ate like kings, saw locals tango, went to a jazz club, kayaked through a nearby town, shopped our pants off and spent an entire day enjoying massages and laying out by the pool (it was nearly summertime in BA).  It was just what we needed after a very busy fall and icky flu bug.

Soon after arriving back in Dallas, my dad and grandparents flew in for four days. The boys took off East for a fishing weekend while the girls and Barrett just relaxed at home, decorated the Christmas tree, and ate out all around town.

This weekend we also wanted to lay low.  We went to my in-laws for a lovely Thanksgiving lunch and then holed up at home with warm spiced wine and leftovers while watching the Cowboys and UT games. The next day we packed up the kids and headed to Canton for some fun flea market finds and then to the lake.

We hadn't been to the house in months so it was really nice to just hang out in the middle of the woods for a couple of days.  It's still a challenge at times entertaining two little ones but all in all we had the best time just running around in the leaves, making fires, watching football and building LEGO castles in the playroom.

Tomorrow it's back to reality with a very long work week gearing up for my huge California install starting the following Monday.  I am so excited for this install but also anxious to wrap everything up in a mere four days.  I can't believe this 18 month project is coming to a close.  I was just barely pregnant with Barrett when I first got the call.  Time really does fly.

Speaking of, Barrett is two weeks shy of turning 11 months.  The boy is beyond precious.  He's nearly walking.  He will definitely skip the full-time crawling stage.  He's pulling up on just about anything he can.  And if he's not holding your hands walking, he's screeching until you grab him to do so.  He wants to be on the move!

Landry is as fun as ever.  She's talking in full sentences and her vocabulary is incredible. We have no clue where she's learning half of the things that come out of her mouth! What I'm most impressed with is her sentence structure.

She's really into a Disney show called Doc McStuffins.  My mom got her the getup and doll collection and she's completely obsessed.  She's also finally joined the Frozen bandwagon.  She watches the entire movie at least five times a week.

This weekend I gave her her first haircut.  I chopped about two inches off before heading to the lake because it was looking a little stringy.  The new, shorter, do is really cute on her.  She's also really getting the potty training thing down.  This weekend she didn't use her diaper once. I'm so looking forward to getting her off the changing table soon!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment