| One night I told Landry to bring me some jammies to get her dressed and she brought my nightgown. I couldn't say no that that clever little face! |
![]() |
| I couldn't resist putting my vintage necklace on Barrett for a little gangster/Guido snapshot. |
![]() |
| Cristina showing him how to crawl |
![]() |
| Trying so hard! |
![]() |
| Dinner date at home with my friend Jaclyn mid week. I've been having fun experimenting with homemade sangria lately. |
![]() |
| Happy has a clam at the doctor's office |
![]() |
| Her first happy meal with mommy (I think Mimi has spoiled her with one before). Friday post doctor's office I caved. She was over the moon, of course! |
| Lovely family lunch date this weekend. |
![]() |
| Landry and I owned the park on Saturday after the storms passed. |
![]() |
| She's really interested in painting and drawing these days. She'll doodle just about anywhere, clearly! |
![]() |
| Getting ready for the pool this weekend. She was watching Barrett very closely hoping he'd wake up soon to join us. |
| His straw fedora finally fits. Now he can match mommy and sissy! |
On Monday I toured a space that I think will house the new Dallas Flea. I'm so thrilled I can hardly see straight. Since finding out I was pregnant with Barrett -- and spending much of 2013 working around the clock on the Missouri project -- I had to table all talks about the flea to keep my head on straight.
But with things at a nice pace now and me reprioritizing the flea, I've been on the hunt for a month or so and think I found THE ONE. I have a big meeting mid July to talk finish out and numbers and will hopefully ink a deal by late summer to open in early 2015. This space is so huge -- 70,000 square feet -- the possibilities are endless for my company's expansion.
But with the good this week, came the bad. All week Landry was battling a little cold (probably caught at summer school). We think she passed it on to Barrett. By Thursday he had a really high pitched bark-like cough and was struggling to catch his breath at times. Friday he was diagnosed by the doctor with croup and put on liquid steroids. Luckily he's feeling nearly 100-percent better today.
We had planned to go to the lake this weekend but decided to lay low at home to let Barrett relax and get well. With no plans, it was kind of fun to just see where the days took us. From lobster rolls for lunch to a park date and pool time, we just had a lazy, lovely weekend. Michael and I even fit in a little date night last night thanks to our sitter being available last minute.












No comments:
Post a Comment