Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 weeks, 31st birthday, Missouri install, oh my!

Our cowgirl cutie
Think Mimi is excited to see her girl?!

Playing at Henry's Halloween party

My sweet friends and our little monsters

Chiling in the kitchen in her Halloween jammies

Having a ball post-breakfast at the counter

Her new favorite activity: puzzles!
Celebrating with my assistant and dear friend
Ashley on the last day of install!

Even though I hardly saw daylight in MO, I was able to capture
a few photos of the property's gorgeous foliage on the last day

Bradley caught my priceless reaction to seeing my dad at dinner. 

I received some beautiful flowers on my birthday including
these gorgeous orchids from the Jones
The past two weeks have been some of the most tiring, stressful, and exciting of my life.

Halloween was really fun.  My friend Nicolette had a sweet little party for the pumpkins and Landry loved interacting with the other kiddos and noshing on donut holes.  I got to catch up with several friends I haven't been in touch with lately due to my crazy work schedule.

My mom flew in the day before Halloween and got to see Landry sporting her cowgirl costume I pieced together from her current wardrobe with the addition of a cowgirl hat and magenta bandanna.  Michael and I took her to a couple of houses to snag some candy and she loved watching all of the kids running up and down the streets.  She's so mesmerized by watching other little ones.

The Friday before the flea I had a doctor's appointment for Barrett.  I was relieved to find out that my placenta previa has gone away!  We got to see the little man during the ultrasound and he's doing great.  He's a little big weighing in about a week ahead of schedule.  In pictures, his checks look really chubby.  No wonder I'm craving sugar and carbs like crazy.  The boy can eat!

The rest of that week I spent prepping for the flea and my Missouri install.  The entire week was far more organized chaos than I expected and the five action-packed days actually went pretty perfectly.  The flea was a big success and went as smoothly as I could have hoped for.  This was my last show in the original location and I look forward to putting my energy back into the company's expansion and new digs for 2014.

The day after the flea I flew up to the lodge with my assistant for the five-day install.  I am thrilled to report that it went perfectly.  I have to admit, I was very anxious about the whole thing.  I've been on this project since February and to finally have it wrap up and arrive in eight moving trucks is a bit nail-biting.  But, everything arrived in one piece and not a single item didn't fit the furniture plans I had in place.  I'm still in shock that everything -- absolutely everything from custom rugs and sofas to draperies -- fit the home like a glove and looked gorgeous together.  

I found out the day before the flea that family was flying up mid-install.  I was so bummed because it stunted my install by several days.  However, we worked around the clock and placed every single item in the 11,000 square foot house -- plus two patios! -- in time for their arrival. Luckily the family absolutely loved everything, especially the fact that I secretly pulled so many special family items from the grandmother's home on the property to make it very personal for them.


This project is by far the biggest I've completed at this point.  It was so rewarding in the end.  That said, I'm looking forward to chilling out a bit over the next nine weeks before Barrett's arrival (although I have one last day trip to MO this week to help prep for an unveiling party on Friday).

I got home late Thursday night to a sick little baby.  Poor Landry has been fighting a cold for nearly a week now.  It's turned her into a little monster at times, which has been challenging for everyone.  Today was her best day by far so hopefully she's on the upswing.

Friday I turned 31!  What a year 30 was.  On the airplane to MO I realized that exactly a year to that day I was sipping on cosmos at my Moroccan 30th birthday party.  What a difference a year makes.  Between Landry's first birthday, landing one of the biggest design clients in the country, getting pregnant, buying a lake house, etc. 30 turned out to be the craziest and most exciting to date.  Finishing the Jones job the day before my birthday was pretty perfect timing to close the book on my 30th year.

My birthday was nice and relaxing.  My mom and I had a leisurely morning with Landry at home before going out to lunch.  My mother-in-law watched the peanut later in the day so we could get our nails done, which was the best hour of my week given my feet grew half a size during the install due to 16 hour days upright!  The day ended with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with Michael, my mom and Bradley.  About ten minutes in, my dad arrived at the table with a bottle of wine!  It was a total surprise to everyone but Bradley who had picked him up at the airport after work.

It was the best birthday gift of all.  We had such a nice time catching up over dinner and the remainder of the weekend, which included some good ol' Texas barbecue and an afternoon at the park.

I've already started to slow down and relax now that the install is over.  Today I snuck in a 30 minute cat nap after taking my parents to the airport.  I haven't taken a single nap during this pregnancy.  It was such a treat.

Now through the end of the year I plan to work on Barrett's nursery, decorate the house for the holidays, pull together the lake house and enjoy time with friends and family.  I'm so looking forward to nesting these next couple of months before the baby's arrival.




No comments:

Post a Comment