 |
| Stealing a kiss in the backyard |
 |
| Taking her first big girl bite out of a peach |
 |
| Her first baby doll (she made sure the doll had her pacifier) |
 |
| Showing off her new blanket |
 |
| Post bath snap |
 |
| Snug as a bug in her new personalized robe |
 |
| Loves my Cowboys roadie cup post lodge trip |
 |
| Waiting for daddy to get home from work |
 |
| Cookie monster at EatZi's |
 |
| A typical pasta dinner night at home |
 |
| Doodling outside after Sunday brunch |
 |
| Getting her hands dirty |
 |
| Homemade peach-berry cobbler from our East Texas peaches |
Weeks are flying by right now. I sometimes just want to stop time to enjoy each and every moment with my little family of three before Barrett joins the crew.
Landry is so much fun right now. She's a little sponge! She's really starting to retain words and becoming a little bit of a copy cat. New words this week include peach and "what's that" or "who's that." I find that I say that phrase a lot to her in hopes she can locate the word (Phoebe, cat, banana) and instead she's learned the phrase more than the answers.
She's really makes leaps and bounds with her strength. We've been working with her daily and she know scales the entire staircase in about 45 seconds. Today she even climbed onto the living room sofa from the ground! She's still not walking on her own but really speedy and crawling up and down stairs without a problem.
This week she discovered peaches. Grandpa brought us several from East Texas and she can't get enough! Every meal I cut up a half into small pieces and she gobbles them up. This weekend while visiting at Nana and Grandpa's house I was holding her on the counter with a peach in my hand and she grabbed it from me and literally started devouring it. Luckily Nana was with us and able to snap a couple photos of the action. She ate about half of the juicy peach in a minute flat!
This week I flew up to the lodge one day as well as helped one of the family members pull together her daughter's Austin college pad. It was fun to break away from the lodge look for a few days and buy fun, youthful furnishings again.
Landry has dropped her afternoon nap and just takes an hour or so snooze mid morning. So, I try to get home with as much energy as possible to enjoy my time with her since she's now passed out by 6:30 p.m. But, it has been a little difficult between being 17 weeks pregnant and these pesky 100-plus degree temps.
I had lunch with Paula this week and we chatted about the kids' mommy's-day-out program starting late this month. I realized I needed to get Landry a lunch box and bought her a personalized one this week. I can't believe she already has a lunch box; she's growing up so fast!
Michael was out of town a couple of nights this week. He called Thursday afternoon saying he would be home a night early so I buckled Landry into the car and snagged his favorite meal from EatZi's to enjoy. While there two different chefs couldn't get enough of Landry's beaming smiles (or flirting, as we call it) and gave her a cookie. Before we got out the door she was chowing down on one. The market will no doubt be one of her favorite places to visit in town!
Friday we met Nana for breakfast and then shopped for the lake house. We get the keys in two weeks and so I'm trying to pull together the bulk of furnishings to enjoy the house this fall before we take a break when Barrett arrives. We found some fun pieces including an antique mirror and armoire, pair of leather chairs, and vintage dining table. We also had a good Restoration Hardware run and Landry enjoyed playing with fabric swatches and wood finish samples. I hope toting her to all of my stores inspires her sense of style and ability to shop a wide range of sources. I completely credit my mom for doing the same for me!
This weekend we had a ball. Today we had Bradley over for a big brunch and pool time. Last night we hired a sitter and had date night at a new restaurant. I enjoyed a glass of rose, too! I haven't really liked coffee and wine this pregnancy but last night a cold glass of vino sounded good and I enjoyed every single sip.
This week is going to be bananas gearing up for next week's California vacay. I can't wait to put my toes in the sand and celebrate Michael's birthday with a quick getaway while my parents watch the peanut!
No comments:
Post a Comment