| Playing in the mail basket with Cristina |
![]() |
| Mommy-and-me breakfast Friday |
![]() |
| Eating some toast and melon |
| Leaving Friday night dinner sans messy white dress |
![]() |
| Pretty in pink for our lunch with daddy at R&D |
![]() |
| Watching the fish in front of the restaurant |
![]() |
| Pooped after pool time at Davis' birthday party |
Friday I took Landry to breakfast at my favorite little local spot, Corner Market. She had a ball squawking and watching the dogs outside while we ate our scrambled eggs and fruit. Thankfully I'm back on coffee and was able to enjoy my favorite iced latte in town.
Her new favorite food is grapes and she gobbled up an entire bowl at breakfast. This week she also tasted her first Dr. Pepper and Sno-Cone and loved both!
Afterwards we went to the mall to shop for a birthday present and some new clothes. With these hot summer temps, I wanted to snag some breezy dresses for both of us. My friend Nicolette called for a last minute lunch so we ended up grabbing a bite with her and Henry at NorthPark.
I love hanging out with my friends that have little boys because it gives me a glimpse into my future. I can only hope Barrett is as good as Henry; he's such an angel. But from the constant movement in my tummy and utter tiredness I already feel some nights with this one (and genes from his father), I have a sneaky feeling that we have a little party animal on our hands come January.
We rounded out the day having dinner with Paula and Todd and the twins. Meals with our seven-top is always entertaining! This one didn't disappoint. It was a little drizzly Friday night so we decided to get a booth at our favorite Italian joint for some comfort food. Clearly, I have preggo brain as I ordered pasta with red sauce for Landry. In no time, her pretty white crochet dress was covered in marinara as was her face, arms, hands, high chair and anything else she could touch. Paula ordered the same for the twins and they were equally painted red -- Charlie even got sauce in his eyes and hair.
We let them have their fun and just sat back and laughed. Before we left, I stripped Landry out of her dress and walked out with a hillbilly baby (diaper only) on my hip. She thought it was so funny and laughed all the way to the car.
Today I took Landry on a walk to feed the ducks and then we made a big family brunch at home with Bradley. Afterwards we had another birthday party where we got to see Kyle, Lindsey and their kiddos. It was a swim party and Landry had a ball in the water. She loved watching the big kids dive off the diving board and playing with the bobbling buoys.
We grabbed dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant before visiting our friends Kim and Justin who just had a baby girl. We brought them dinner and got in a little snuggle session with their three-week old peanut. It's amazing how you forget just how small babies are at that age.
I can't believe in just a few months we'll have a little bitty baby of our own!
Somehow between MiCocina and home we lost Maria. For those of you that don't know, Maria is Landry's little monkey attached to her binky. She goes with her everywhere. We just put her to sleep for this first time without Maria. Fingers crossed we make it through the night!
P.S. -- Happy birthday, Mimi! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks!






No comments:
Post a Comment