 |
| Eyeing the animals at the Park Cities 4th parade |
 |
| Sporting her star shades for the 4th |
 |
| Mommy-and-Landry ice cream and bucket swing date at the park |
 |
| Enjoyed an upstate NY Riesling from Uncle Ryan |
 |
| A snap shot of our DHome article |
 |
| Waiting for her turn to jump in the pool |
 |
| Booty bathing suit shot! |
 |
| Our attempt to get Landry and Charlie to kiss |
 |
| The girls hanging out post class |
 |
| My first homemade latte in six weeks! |
 |
Group shot at Uncle Jon's birthday party
|
I love four day weekends, especially laid back ones that just kind of fall into place.
For months, we had planned to be in Austin with Landry for the 4th. But last week we decided to cancel after we (ok, I) finally came to grips with the fact that nap time and her new early bed time weren't going to make for the most fun vacay.
With no plans at all for the 4th, we ended up having an action-packed four days with friends. On Thursday we met up with pals at the local parade and festivities that included an animal park, watermelon tasting (Landry loved it, of course) and enough dogs to keep Landry entertained for days. Later in the day we hit the swings, grabbed ice cream for an impromptu picnic and grilled a delicious pork tenderloin outside paired with a nice bottle of wine my brother gave us from his neck of the woods in New York (I had a tiny glass and enjoyed EVERY SINGLE sip).
Speaking of drinks, I made my first latte in months this morning. I think I'm finally over the anti-java hump and back to feeling normal (give or take six pounds). My energy level is back and I haven't felt queasy in days. I get a little winded walking up stairs but other then that I can't complain.
This Thursday I have another doctor's appointment and there's a chance we can find out the sex, fingers crossed. Last week we got some really fun news that one of Michael's very best friends and his girlfriend (they've been together forever and have chosen to not get married) are expecting a little girl Christmas Day. Another one of their college buddies and his wife are also due in December. So, all three of us will have peanuts just a few weeks apart.
Some more fun news: This weekend DHome hit shelves and there's a 10-page spread on Casa Cobb. They shot the house back in April and the photos are really pretty. Since the story ran in the July/August issue they featured a lot of exterior shots in addition to interior photos. The article was short and sweet but gave props to so many of my friends, beloved builders, favorite local stores, and even The Dallas Flea. I'm thrilled to support them in my home and now in this story. I've received so many sweet texts and calls from friends that have seen it (that's how I found out it was on newsstands, funny enough) and am just blown away by their kind comments.
From a swim class and post lunch with Paula and Todd to Jon's impromptu pizza party birthday, we had a leisurely weekend that was relaxing yet fun. Hope everyone had a very happy 4th, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment